Windows 10 errors

Associate
Hi all,

I've seen the return of some windows 10 x64 Home Edition errors that I had recently. I Googled and tried lots of remedies, however none were successful. In the end, I had to reinstall Windows. This reinstall was probably about a month ago, I certainly don't want to do it again and also, there must be something causing this, so ideally would like to find out what's causing this to happen.

The errors I've noticed are:

1 - MS Flight Simulator hangs on the loading screen at launch, no bar at the bottom, just the Japanese Mountain (previously just the head-on shot of the aircraft shortly after departure). Normally there would be a check for updates, but that's not happening.
2 - Security settings window is just blank. None of the usual options visible.
3 - Windows update no longer works. Checking for updates returns error code 0x80080005. Same error code as last time. Error code was Googled, various unsuccessful solutions were tried.

My gut feeling is that there's something stopping windows from updating. I just can't work out what it is. Windows Update and BITS Troubleshooters were ran this morning, again no joy.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Cheers,

FB.

Associate
OP
Well, after doing an upgrade/repair via the USB image I used a month ago, all is working again.

Something is causing identical faults. Just need to figure out why....:confused:

Back
Top Bottom