Windows 10 freezing storahci event 129

Associate
Hi all, this has been happening on and off since installing windows 10 whenever it was first offered free.

The laptop starts acting extremely slow, clicking anything will take 5 minits to work, the only way to stop it is to hold down the power button to turn it off and restart, sometimes that will fix it other times it will happen again a few times in a row but then might not happen for a week.

I tried a clean install but it still happens.

The laptops a Lenovo Z500 around 2 years old with latest bios.
The main hard drive is a Samsung EVO 840 SSD 120gb with latest firmware.
The secondry hard drive in the CD roms place is a Seagate Spinpoint M8 1TB.

Any ideas on how to fix this ?

Capture.png

Zei

Zei

Associate
I have been having the same issue since applying the Windows 10 Anniversary update, a quick google turned up http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0/7b30c512-6597-438b-80cb-22fb2f85d62e?page=1

Somebody on there mentioned updating the sata drivers fixed the issue for them. However if that isn't an option there are some registry changes listed on the last page, I have applied these myself but it is a little early to tell if it has worked or not.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Associate
That's a few things I could go through tonight on my laptop since I'm still having issues with it locking up (this is with a mechanical hard drive), and I did some more digging through the event viewer last night and found two links to storahci with the reset to device \Device\raidport0 was issued message and now I think that is what is causing the problems on my end (and probably explains why my fathers desktop hasn't gone the same way as that would still be set in IDE mode for the SATA ports).

Back
Top Bottom