windows 10 home network devices problem

Associate
all has worked fine until this week with windows 10. i often stream media from my pc to my samsung smart tv, however this week my pc will no longer cast media to the device. i choose cast to device and choose the tv from the list that appears. it then tries to connect to the device but seems to not find it. nothing also appears on the tv screen. pc and tv are connected via ethernet cable, pc directly to skyq hub router and then to homeplug network, tv on ethernet direct to homeplug. all homeplug lights show green . tv connects to internet fine as does pc. w10 shows tv connected to home network. yesterday i also found that my steam link is also not working correctly. when turned on it shows the links connection screen with my pc named.....when i try to connect the tv goes blank and i hear the steam big picture start up sounds (very crackly and briefly), then nothing. the pc shows big picture in other room but the tv does not seem to be connecting to tv for it! on checking w10 network for devices i find that my samsung tv is listed a number of times, not just once.....what can i do?? like i said all was fine with the network. have tried turning router,plugs,tv off but pc still shows multiple tv devices with same name!help!

Associate
Hi.
If your Tv is listed more than once then sounds like the Network has been corrupted. What I would try to do first is take everything of your PC network TV, Steam and anything else. Like wise on your TV. Basically as if your starting from scratch setting up your network. before you connect anything to your "New network" make sure you first power down your PC then reboot and make sure nothing shows. Better to do that before trying to reconnect everything again to make sure it is all defiantly removed. Give that a try .

Associate
OP
by taking everything off the network do you mean to just unplug everything from the router or to delete them from the windows network itself? i cant see any way to remove a network device within windows10. the problem seems to be with the devices connected via ethernet, wifi seems not affected.

Back
Top Bottom