WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE FAILURE

KSB

KSB

Associate
I tried to upgrade my Windows 7 machine to Windows 10 to play the FiveM mod for GTA. But it never completed the install and now I cannot load windows 10 or windows 7 it comes up with an error code 0xc000000f.

Is there any way I can fix this without doing a complete reset as I've got a lot of family pictures that I haven't backed up still on my hard drive that I don't want to lose.

I tried booting the computer from the Windows 10 ISO USB and it said if I wanted to continue with the upgrade, to unplug the USB and click the "yes" button. I followed the instructions but I was taken back to the screen with the 0xc000000f error code. I even put my original windows 7 install disc into the disc drive to see if that would help and it loaded up a screen to install windows 7, however in the bottom corner it said "repair this computer" so I clicked that and it came up with a screen saying, "This version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of Windows you are trying to repair/ Try using a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of Windows.

If there isn't a way to save my files and I do need to do a complete reset how can I get my photos of the hard drive before doing so?

Any help is appreciated

Kyle

KSB

KSB

Associate
OP
Boot from the 10 iso but choose repair this computer instead of install, then choose to roll back to previous build.
I have booted with the windows 10 iso and clicked the "repair this computer" and I clicked on the rollback function and the message "We ran into a problem and won't be able to take you back to the previous version of Windows. Try resetting your PC instead (troubleshoot > Reset PC)." Popped up

Soldato
At least in the current state those pictures should still be on the drive. I think though you may have to take the drive out and connect it to another machine and copy any files you want from the drive onto the other machine. That way you can just install Windows 10 from scratch. Not an ideal solution but probably your only realistic choice if you've tried all recovery options from both the 7 and 10 setup media.

Back
Top Bottom