Windows 10 Version 2004 - EVERYTHING stuttering

Associate
OP
Unfortunately I've just reinstalled Windows and the issue is still there (I used the 'keep personal files' option).

I really don't know what to do now except using the delete personal files option, but I doubt any of those files are causing the issue?

Soldato
Soldato
Unfortunately I've just reinstalled Windows and the issue is still there (I used the 'keep personal files' option).

I really don't know what to do now except using the delete personal files option, but I doubt any of those files are causing the issue?
Have you troubleshooted any hardware issues?

Soldato
I'd be running one of the latency monitor tools to establish what drivers, or h/w might be generating interrupts. - latmon etc.

Soldato

I know it does not like some third party AV programs, so stick with Windows Defender ,Avast etc ..they seem to work well. I do know Kaspersky even the free version caused issues.

Associate
OP
Have you troubleshooted any hardware issues?

It certainly doesn't sound like a software issue if you have done a full install. Sounds like a hardware fault somewhere.

I've got a feeling it's my 5700XT if it is indeed hardware. I've only had issues with it since I bought it, but i'm unfortunately not in a position to be able to sell it and buy a new one at the moment.
I've gone through the DDU process multiple times and it hasn't fixed anything for me. Most annoying issue I keep getting with the card is that it believes my second screen (which is 1080p) is some stupid 480p resolution, every time the PC starts it resets to that res and I have to unplug the monitor and replug to fix it.

I know it does not like some third party AV programs, so stick with Windows Defender ,Avast etc ..they seem to work well. I do know Kaspersky even the free version caused issues.
I generally use AVG, although it's now not installed (and the issue was still there albeit a bit better.

I haven't been able to test it today but will do this evening when home from work. Will see if the issue appears again, and will try and decipher what, if anything, causes it.

Soldato
Soldato
I've got a feeling it's my 5700XT if it is indeed hardware. I've only had issues with it since I bought it, but i'm unfortunately not in a position to be able to sell it and buy a new one at the moment.
I've gone through the DDU process multiple times and it hasn't fixed anything for me. Most annoying issue I keep getting with the card is that it believes my second screen (which is 1080p) is some stupid 480p resolution, every time the PC starts it resets to that res and I have to unplug the monitor and replug to fix it.

I generally use AVG, although it's now not installed (and the issue was still there albeit a bit better.

I haven't been able to test it today but will do this evening when home from work. Will see if the issue appears again, and will try and decipher what, if anything, causes it.
Warranty claim on the 5700XT?

Associate
OP
Warranty claim on the 5700XT?

Unfortunately, due to my humongous incompetence I've almost certainly waited too long. It's now been just over a year now. I've never really been someone that returns stuff - just sort of get on with it and persevere, rookie error!

Soldato
Soldato
Unfortunately, due to my humongous incompetence I've almost certainly waited too long. It's now been just over a year now. I've never really been someone that returns stuff - just sort of get on with it and persevere, rookie error!
I'm sure most GFX cards carry at least a 3 year warranty

Associate
OP
Ah that's interesting! I've had a look at the invoice and can't see a warranty date referenced. I'll see if I can get in touch with them?

Permabanned
Do you have onboard graphics at all? Could you try that? Even a second hand graphics card? Maybe someone on selling sites like eBay/gumtree might be giving away for free.

If you ask in the MM someone might be able to loan you one to test ? I don’t have a spare one unfortunately I would have sent you one to diagnose.

Associate
OP
So it turns out I don't have onboard graphics, so I can't test it out. However, I have now noticed that the stuttering is being matched with the spinning wheel on my mouse quite a lot. Which makes me think it's not the GPU and more CPU?
Eitherway, I'm getting towards my wits end.

Giving another windows update a go now (as when I reinstalled it went back to 2004), but I don't think that's going to solve anything unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom