Windows 10 won't auto connect wifi each time i reboot

Associate
Hi, I have a Lenovo ideapad 510 laptop running windows 10 64

bit which is fully up to date, my wifi adapter is an Intel dual band wireless ac 3165.

For a few months now my laptop will not auto connect the wifi when i reboot, it always used to though, I’m not sure if its a windows issue or a driver issue, i have tried to look at as many settings i can, i have tried forgetting the network and searching for it again. Connect automatically is definitely ticked.

When i reboot the lock screen always shows the network icon that shows networks are available but not the connected icon, when i log into windows it remains the same, when i click on the network icon it shows the network and just says secured on it with auto connect ticked but i then have to click on it to get it to connect.

The wifi router is only about 3 metres away from my laptop with nothing in-between that would cause any range issue.

Has anyone got any ideas what may have happened, it just seemed to start doing it out the blue.

Regards

James

Soldato
First thing I'd do would be remove driver and tell it to delete the driver.. Let windows use its default driver.. Then install the proper driver from the manafactureres Web site

Back
Top Bottom