Windows 10

Soldato
This is indeed very confusing. there are driver updates on gigabytes website for my mobo. However if they are different to the ones offered by windows update, does that mean windows will just downgrade them again.... :o

Posted this upo the page.
Guys..

Just remember and go to
Control Panel - System- Advanced System - Hardware - Device Installation Properties

and turn off the Always install drivers through updates.

Soldato
Posted this upo the page.
Guys..

Just remember and go to
Control Panel - System- Advanced System - Hardware - Device Installation Properties

and turn off the Always install drivers through updates.

Yep, DO this.

It will stop drivers being pushed, and from experience, they can make things go bad very, very quickly.

Associate
I looked in windows updates this morning after it downloaded the $Windows Bt folder last night (5.9Gb) and it wanted me to restart the pc so i did that then wehn it booted back up it said failed windows 10 pro update so i did try to get that going again with the CMD trick but still nothing so then i downloaded the upgrade tool from microsoft and it redownloaded everything and worked fine but just get this error now
Pretty stupid, isn't it?

I'm, sure a lot of people are going to do the same thing that you did because they've seen their computers fail to install Windows 10. Some have a long list of failed attempts in their recent WU history. Many are therefore handling the upgrade themselves.

Who would expect 5GB+ of data to be dumped onto their computer to just sit there until goodness knows when?

Last edited:
Associate
Upgraded from windows 8.1, all went fine but once up and running i had the test mode water mark at bottom right of screen, had to go into cmd.exe and put in Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF, all ok now.

Soldato
What a heap of rubbish. Did the upgrade now nothing works.

Start button does nothing.
Right click and select display settings, "This app cant open"
Okay so right click start and click control panel. Now system and activate windows "This app cant open"

My resolution is set to that of my screen but the desktop is tiny black border all the way round.

How do i go back to windows 7?

Permabanned
What a heap of rubbish. Did the upgrade now nothing works.

Start button does nothing.
Right click and select display settings, "This app cant open"
Okay so right click start and click control panel. Now system and activate windows "This app cant open"

My resolution is set to that of my screen but the desktop is tiny black border all the way round.

How do i go back to windows 7?

go to computer management and create a new local user with admin rights. I had this once when upgrading in the early build stages.

Try with a new local account see if its any better.

Soldato
Guys sorry if it has been covered but how do I do a clean install ? From what I can see I will need to download and upgrade ... Obtain a key and then clean install?

Upgrade from 7/8.1 - then wait for 10 to be activated then either:
a) Download ISO/Installation Media and install as a clean install. Don't enter any license keys, it will activate itself.

b) From within 10, via the Recovery options select Reset this PC and go through the motions here for a clean install.

Permabanned

HELP... Windows 10 wont activate i am getting the error 0xC004F034

People are reporting that this a load issue on the servers and after trying for a while it does activate. If you have this problem and it does activate after please let me know so we can confirm this.

Is that the error?

No I can't remember the code but I got in touch with MS and they said the key was blocked and then they said because it has been activated on new hardware that they could not re-instate it. I have changed my MB twice and went through telephone activation before and told them that is why but they were very unhelpful.

I'm sticking to Win 8.1 atleast the key is verified and activated. This whole free upgrade is a load of ********. Whilst I was using Win 10 it failed driver updates for NVIDIA and a few other vendors like Realtec

Back
Top Bottom