Windows 10

Associate
trying to upgrade my laptop. It looked good to start with but I have no network connections neither the lan or wifi appears. The odd thing is when in the device drives are they look fine and the network cable is showing some signs of life.

I bet this is something silly I have forgotten to switch on in windows :)

Caporegime
Apart from the server load for activation I've not had any issues on my laptop. Display drivers have even installed fine. Will have a play before deciding on what to do with my PC.

If I will be able to upgrade using the same key that my PC uses that I activated on my laptop earlier? :confused:

smr

smr

Soldato
trying to upgrade my laptop. It looked good to start with but I have no network connections neither the lan or wifi appears. The odd thing is when in the device drives are they look fine and the network cable is showing some signs of life.

I bet this is something silly I have forgotten to switch on in windows :)

Go into device manager, uninstall your ethernet, reboot, see if it installs itself when pc back up.

That's a point, have Microsoft factored in different mobo manufacturer's only having windows 8 drivers for their hw? Or is 10 designed to work with win8 drivers?

Soldato
Almost running home now lol I'm glad I got the esd files last night as it sounds like people are having issues. Going to try the upgrade route first though but going to make a disk as well.

I uninstalled gta v so I wont get distracted haha

Man of Honour
OP
Asking again, is their no tablet version of Edge?

Nope. It runs in desktop and tablet mode. Bit annoying layout in tablet mode. edge isn't feature complete. Hopefully they'll have an option to move the bar down to the bottom.
Other than that it's fine for tablet.

Associate
So I reinstalled Windows 8.1.. Upgraded to Windows 10 in its own time.. So now I can do a fresh install? I skip the sections were it asks for a product key.

Soldato
I've got 3x Windows 7 machines just sat here waiting to update... nothing's happening though, the hidden folder on the C: drive has been visible on all them since last night.

My Windows 8 machine at work today updated itself. Is there anything you can do with 7 to hurry it along or should I just wait?

Soldato
Soldato
Oohhh damn.

Now the day is finally upon us that I remember a few years ago a mate got a corporate key of Windows 7 Ultimate upgrade from his mate who works for MS. We were both having a moan at RAM limit on our Win 7 Home Premium. We both used the key and I've reserved Win10 against this key.

I wonder what will happen. I don't even remember if I have the key anymore.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope. It runs in desktop and tablet mode. Bit annoying layout in tablet mode. edge isn't feature complete. Hopefully they'll have an option to move the bar down to the bottom.
Other than that it's fine for tablet.

No its not, no back and forth and no built in gestures, what the hell are they doing not sorting this in a final build!?

Back
Top Bottom