Windows 10

Soldato
Oohhh damn.

Now the day is finally upon us that I remember a few years ago a mate got a corporate key of Windows 7 Ultimate from his mate who works for MS. We were both having a moan at RAM limit on our Win 7 Home Premium. We both used the key and I've reserved Win10 against this key.

I wonder what will happen. I don't even remember if I have the key anymore.

Get your wallet out!! :D

Associate
Well DOSBOX. 7.4 works fine ,Had a play with Alone in the dark all great
had alittle trouble editing CFG.Files in wordpad as comes up permission is denied when trying to save a Config File & at edit the security of that file .

Kaspersky internet security 2015 no good when upgrade over windows 7 pro, at to use the 2016 build & carry on with my year licence just fine.
http://products.kaspersky-labs.com/english....614en_8210.exe

windows pro oem key was automaticly activated after upgrade to 10
i made a iso from the MediaCreationToolx64 & burnt it to DVD for furture use on clean install if needed

Soldato
dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

running that at cmd seems to have sorted my apps not opening and now the start button works.

Permabanned
sorry if im repeating. I have upgraded from 8.1 to today just now. It has all installed fine but I'd like to now do a fresh install.

Just checking before though.... My Windows 10 is not activated. I click activate and it then says 'Windows can't activate. Try again later'

I presume its not a good to do a clean install as my windows key is not activated on my account yet?

Associate
Go into device manager, uninstall your ethernet, reboot, see if it installs itself when pc back up.

That's a point, have Microsoft factored in different mobo manufacturer's only having windows 8 drivers for their hw? Or is 10 designed to work with win8 drivers?

The drivers are the default intel ones but when i checked on the website I could only find the windows 8 ones. I tried to install them under compatibility mode for windows 8s but the drivers failed to install and just rolled back.

I did what you said and deleted the drivers. It reinstalled them okay I can see them in the device manager but it still shows no network connections

I am also getting an error in the event log

The speed of processor 4 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware.

Soldato
sorry if im repeating. I have upgraded from 8.1 to today just now. It has all installed fine but I'd like to now do a fresh install.

Just checking before though.... My Windows 10 is not activated. I click activate and it then says 'Windows can't activate. Try again later'

I presume its not a good to do a clean install as my windows key is not activated on my account yet?

As mentioned before, MS servers are being hammered so give it time to activate. May take a day or 2. Dont do anything until it has been activated

Soldato
I have 3 x PC's and a Tablet all running Windows 8.1 pro, not a sign Winows 10 on any of them :(

Tempted to do a clean install of the ISO which I'm going to do even if my machines do automatically upgrade to 10 but I'm a little worried about activation, as i understand it 10 activates through the upgrade process only?

smr

smr

Soldato
The drivers are the default intel ones but when i checked on the website I could only find the windows 8 ones. I tried to install them under compatibility mode for windows 8s but the drivers failed to install and just rolled back.

I did what you said and deleted the drivers. It reinstalled them okay I can see them in the device manager but it still shows no network connections

I am also getting an error in the event log

The speed of processor 4 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware.

did you say you have a wireless adapter as well?

Associate
Finally got the upgrade to start on my laptop. It originally shipped with Vista 32bit with a free upgrade to 7 when it was released. The 7 upgrade was still only 32 bit so I used the upgrade key with my 7 64 bit retail media. Anyone want to make any bets as to if the 10 upgrade will be 32 or 64 bit? :D

Soldato
I have 3 x PC's and a Tablet all running Windows 8.1 pro, not a sign Winows 10 on any of them :(

Tempted to do a clean install of the ISO which I'm going to do even if my machines do automatically upgrade to 10 but I'm a little worried about activation, as i understand it 10 activates through the upgrade process only?

Yes. You need to do the upgrade first then once activated you can do a clean install

Caporegime
I just spammed the activate button. after about 15-20 click I was activatamundo! :D

Good shout, just done the same and it's activated after the 12th click. :)

This is actually really smooth and responsive on my laptop considering it's 4 years old.

Office 365 installed, setup my Google Apps accounts on the built in mail app and all is running good.

Soldato
Finally got the upgrade to start on my laptop. It originally shipped with Vista 32bit with a free upgrade to 7 when it was released. The 7 upgrade was still only 32 bit so I used the upgrade key with my 7 64 bit retail media. Anyone want to make any bets as to if the 10 upgrade will be 32 or 64 bit? :D

My guess you will have to start again!!

Back
Top Bottom