Windows 7 Beta 1 (build 7000) screenshots

Soldato
So how does that new taskbar work?

Have they just stripped the text and made the icons bigger?

Or is it something completely new?

Associate
You can still make it look "old school"..

win7taskmenu.png

Or whatever you want with the right theme. :)

Associate
You would?

I like Vista, I honestly can't see what all the fuss is about, but the bad reviews and feedback that Vista got I would have thought the would have changed the look?

If I was someone that gave Vista a bad review, and then I see that the new version looks almost exactly the same!! - Not a good start.

Soldato
Its pretty different really and the new taskbar is nice in my opinion, the OS as a whole seems much better to me.

To the OP, you need to remove the send feedback and desktop watermarks! :p

Associate
Installed Windows 7 and i love it. So far the only things that haven;t worked for me is Mcafee enterprise and 3d Mark 06. Really liking the task bar and being able to pin programs to it. Its possible i am imagining things but so far it feeks a lot more responsive than Vista. Just waiting to get my hands on the x64 version now.

Soldato
heheh & the trolls come out as always!

Installed this yesterday, absolutely loving it. Seems to be quicker than vista with certain things, opening programs being one, basically instant.

The taskbar gets some getting used to but after using it for a day now, I'm very impressed, much prefer it over the old ones. But then i love fancy looking themes/desktops :) I have to say for it being Beta1 it doesn't feel like it :)

Can that taskbar be set to single line, i.e. same size as atm?

Yes very easily as well, right click task bar & select small icons.

desktop-3.png

Want any more pics or anything just ask :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom