Windows 7 Beta 1 (build 7000) screenshots

Soldato
I have installed Windows 7 Beta 1 (7000 Build) everything has went lovely and smooth. EXCEPT Catalyst Control Centre, i cannot get the buggar to install, i have tried countless times, used driver cleaner then tried again and no look, it stops when i get to detecting the video card in the installation process and does no further work from then on.

Does anyone know of a fix?

Forgot to mension above i am using a 4870

Tried running the setup as Admin and Compatibility Mode?

Soldato
Going to stick it on my NC10, so slow though...

slowra0.png

Associate
I have installed Windows 7 Beta 1 (7000 Build) everything has went lovely and smooth. EXCEPT Catalyst Control Centre, i cannot get the buggar to install, i have tried countless times, used driver cleaner then tried again and no look, it stops when i get to detecting the video card in the installation process and does no further work from then on.

Does anyone know of a fix?

Forgot to mension above i am using a 4870
Are you installing the preview drivers for Windows 7?

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=39069

Soldato
Does anyone know if this is particularly different from the leaked build that was released previously (6956)? I thought that was surprisingly stable and fast. Is there any point trying this build or are they basically the same?

Associate
Interesting my MSDN doesn't look like that. I tried logging in on that website and it doesn't let me in. I have to go to http://msdn63.e-academy.com/elms/Storefront/Home.aspx?campus=lhuc_comp and then log i. When I look at the list Windows 7 beta isn't there. Is MSDN academic alliance different to the MSDN you guys are on?
Yes MSDNAA isn't the same as MSDN. I've yet to work out if MSDNAA gives me access to anything beyond the faculty portal and software centre, cause there isn't a lot on there.

Soldato
Have just finished downloading Windows 7 Beta, but I have just realised I need to partition my Vista 64Bit OS and I cannot due to most of the partition software I have only works with 32Bit, can anybody care to recommend a freeware or trail version of a 64Bit partition software? :)

Back
Top Bottom