Windows 7 Beta 1 (build 7000) screenshots

Associate
heheh & the trolls come out as always!

Installed this yesterday, absolutely loving it. Seems to be quicker than vista with certain things, opening programs being one, basically instant.

The taskbar gets some getting used to but after using it for a day now, I'm very impressed, much prefer it over the old ones. But then i love fancy looking themes/desktops :) I have to say for it being Beta1 it doesn't feel like it :)

Yes very easily as well, right click task bar & select small icons.

desktop-3.png

Want any more pics or anything just ask :)

btw who's on the wallpaper :p

Associate
How does it run on an Intel atom because I'm thinking off building an atom pc tower for my general purpose needs,Microsoft says that Windows 7 is suppose to run smooth on an intel atom and 1gb of ram...can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

Caporegime
I've installed a copy of Windows 7 Beta 1 (Build 7000) today, and I made some screen shots. Here are 3 pages full of screens: http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u7/RHochstenbach/Windows 7/
:)

Do games work on Win 7?
Any chance i can dual boot Vista/Win7 ? what would i have to do , reason im asking is HOAK doesn't work with vista 64 but does apparantly with vista 32 ( steam forums ). So im willing to tryout Win 7 32bit to see what the beta is like and if the game works :)

Permabanned
Ive been running Windows 7 Ultimate for a few days now and can confirm it runs much much better than Vista. It feels as snappy and powerful as XP with the beautiful look of Vista (but even nicer than vista)

Ive had no crashes whatsoever, ie8 is mega fast compared to ie7 on vista, all my games work as do my antivirus etc etc

Pleased!

Matt

Caporegime
Brilliant! Now if only i can shrink my partition it seems i have files at the end of the harddrive and it doesn't want to above 993mb :(

Permabanned
I now have it on the rig in my sig in a dual boot scenario.

I must say it is way faster than vista 64 even though it cant access as much ram. Just installed and patched BF2 so giving that a shot now!

Back
Top Bottom