Windows 7 Beta 1 (build 7000) screenshots

Caporegime
Installed windows 7 on another partition and dual booted , in windows 7 it isn't showing the partition with vista on it. I went into disk management and it shows two partitions one is vista the other is win 7 however the vista partition doesn't have a volume letter. Windows 7 has become the C:\ , when i select Vista in the dual boot options it loads up fine , windows 7 is on G: and as it should be Vista is the C:\.

So why isn't win 7 seeing the other partition correctly and seeing it as another drive in windows explorer?

Caporegime
I KNOW?!?! , i've been trying to do that but the option is blank unclickable... Not only that but i can't install these xfi xtreme audio sound card drivers. It apparantly installs but then says ( no installed audio device or something ) in sound.

Soldato
Do games work on Win 7?
Any chance i can dual boot Vista/Win7 ? what would i have to do , reason im asking is HOAK doesn't work with vista 64 but does apparantly with vista 32 ( steam forums ). So im willing to tryout Win 7 32bit to see what the beta is like and if the game works :)

Tried Far Cry 2 and Gears of War on my Win 7 machine and so far they are working fine.

Soldato
How does it run on an Intel atom because I'm thinking off building an atom pc tower for my general purpose needs,Microsoft says that Windows 7 is suppose to run smooth on an intel atom and 1gb of ram...can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

One of Windows 7's major design considerations was to ensure it ran properly at or beyond the performance level of XP on primitive hardware like a Netbook, Atom etc...

Vista is not modular enough to be compliant with these types of platforms. And Microsoft readily admits this. In fact they have kept XP licensing alive for this very reason.

W7 will be a great OS on these types of devices though. The ability Microsoft has now of creating very lightweight editions of Windows is very high. The MinWin project was not so much an engineering one but more of a research project. MinWin was about identifying inter/intra dependencies in the Windows source code. Ideally this is something that should have been tracked all along but it wasn't. But they've done it now. The result is that as of Server 2008 and Windows 7 they have been able to have a much much clearer view into what they can and can't modularise. In Server 2008 they were just scratching the surface of what the MinWin knowledge could do for them - and they came up with the "Server Core" feature. Which lets you install a Server 2008 machine with no GUI. Just a console and the ability to run a Domain Controller, IIS etc. But Windows 7 will be taking the MinWin knowledge much further. Things like IE, or at least the user part, will very likely to be removable in W7. The rendering engine and ancillaries behind the scenes will probably be tied to the Explorer Shell component however because of a explicit dependency there.

Wait and see. This is going to be the best release of Windows yet. Even better than Vista. It's really going to polish up all the technological advancements that Vista brought us and move the user experience bar a whole lot higher. Microsoft are wanting to get the UX bar up to the level where Mac OSX is but without sacrificing their staple backward compatibilities or extensive support for third party hardware, software and software extensions to the OS.

Soldato
Hmmm, Is MS stealing the KDE look??
th_22.jpg

Soldato
Wow... just installed W7 earlier today and after a couple of hours to sorting everything to how I like it, I'm very impressed by it. So far, it's very quick and it's only a Beta!

Soldato
Vista 7 seems to be nearly ready for its release (very stable from what Ive read in here), any idea when it is going to be available to buy?

Soldato
Thats good its not coming anytime soon, will need to install the beta sometime in the near future to see for myself before buying anything.

Back
Top Bottom