Windows 7 Beta 1 (build 7000) screenshots

Caporegime
They appear to be changing the task bar for the sake having something new in your face. Now it conveys less information just so that it can look like the similarly dubious OS X dock.

You can change the taskbar buttons to how they "normally" look if you like. But I like it with the smaller buttons and the previews it gives you.

---------------------->

I think its nicer than Vista and seems a lot fast.

Here are some screenshots if anyone is interested.

The background is on a slide show and you can set it to change from every 5 seconds to a day. I think its a neat touch. :)

Desktop

3163177172_5523cf9473_b.jpg

MSN Preview - does this with most minimised stuff, like Firefox / IE. If you have multiple tabs you can see them in the little preview box aswell

3163178676_10b45a46e2_b.jpg

Folder preview

3163179448_84bb25bdc8_b.jpg

Personilse menu

3163180154_e1ae5904f0_b.jpg

Control Panel

3163180868_bf009262e2_b.jpg

More control panel options

3163181556_4ddd42b429_b.jpg

Well so far ive installed, Skype, AVG, SB S&D,FF, Thunderbird, MSN, Winamp, Steam, CS:S, ATI Vista 32bit drivers all with no problems at all.

I really like this, its smoother than Vista, easier to use, some really nice features which I think are great.

So far I love it.

Soldato
Another thumbs up for Windows 7 here.

Installed it on my laptop, which despite having 2gb of RAM struggled immensely with the heap of junk known as Vista.

Windows 7 is seriously quick, works great with Vista drivers and has a few neat extras. I personally don't mind it looking similar to Vista... I think there'd be uproar if they changed the appearance again and the n00bs had to get used to yet another layout.

I also like the ability to change the UAC notification level. Nice little touch. I'm looking forward to the public beta.

Associate
Looks like Windows are just updating the system rather than the UI. Good move IMO, the UI looked good it was just all sluggish and.. well, bad. Hopefully this'll just be a smoother running version ;)

Associate
The new taskbar style has grown on me quite a lot after using it for a few hours, I was abit unsure/confused by it at first but now I can see the point behind it. I like the way you can access things by right clicking the icons. For example if you right click the WMP icon it shows you frequent playlists or if you right click the explorer icon it shows frequently used files/folders, right clicking IE shows your recent history etc, so it's really like having the equivalent of a notification icon for those programs only you haven't. Saves on clutter and makes things tidy as well as functional.

I also like the way the Documents, Music and Pictures icons intergrated into the start menu are no longer just folders they are libraries, so you can add multiple folders to it in properties and when you open "Music" it shows the contents of all those folders, nice and convienient.

To say its a leaked BETA yet I've been able to get drivers for everything except my soundcard (so I've just switched to onboard which works) and I got all my drivers straight from Windows Update. I've also had no major stability issues and it's been very quick so I can conclude that Windows 7 has got off to an impressive start and it's looking good for the final release.

Associate
Im having issues with graphics drivers. I've tried the Vista drivers for my Geforce Go 7800GTX but they won't install. Any suggestions?

Have you tried just going through Windows Update? I have a different graphics card to you but all I needed to do was run Windows Update and it downloaded and installed my graphics driver (and others) for me.

Soldato
Is it me or does the C drive in Windows 7 get a whole lot more fragmented a whole lot quicker? because that is what is happening here.

I've got a weird bug, when loading into windows the splash screen goes all 8bit color and fails to go any further, easily solved though, just have to restart and hit last known good config.

Associate
You can activate it now, not that its overly important now as the public beta will prolly be along soon enough.

was wondering did you use your beta key from vista to activate this as thats what i did with version 6801 but this version 7000 it keeps coming up the key is not meant for windows 7,will just have to wait to see if we get any keys when it is released

Soldato
Im having issues with graphics drivers. I've tried the Vista drivers for my Geforce Go 7800GTX but they won't install. Any suggestions?

i got a laptop which got exactly same gfx card as yours. i just let windows update installed the gfx driver, working fine with 1680x1050, ran 3dmark, not much difference from winXP :)

Back
Top Bottom