Windows 7 home premium price?

Associate
they changed the upgrade system in vista. you had to have XP installed for it to upgrade.. i would imagen its the same for windows 7 too..
iam sure you could use that, install windows 7 with default key and then install it again with your own to get round that issue though..

Associate
What Theguy said. The upgrade method for XP could be easily exploited with pirated copies of old Windows versions, so it was changed for Vista/7.

Associate
What Theguy said. The upgrade method for XP could be easily exploited with pirated copies of old Windows versions, so it was changed for Vista/7.

Agreed. But I could never work out why Microsoft having changed the upgrade process then left in the ability to install Vista from an upgrade disk with effectively a clean install by reinstalling over itself! Crazy.....

C64

C64

Soldato
Windows 7 is going through two pre-order phases.
The first one is now long gone.
It enabled you to get Home Premium for £50 and Professional for £100.

The second phase of pre-order (which we are currently in) only seems to give offers on Home Premium.
Right now you can secure Home Premium for anything between £65 - £85.

Once Windows 7 is actually released in October, prices will revert to the full retail, which will be £150 for the full retail version of Home Premium.

Before you get all excited about "over priced" Microsoft software.
Look at it this way.
An OS will last for approx. 3 years.
Full retail allows you to transfer the OS between all of the machines you own in those 3 years.
So £50 a year or less than £1 a week to use Windows 7 - now that is an absolute bargain.
And that is with the OS at £150!
I think I read somewhere they are not putting the prices up until jan 2010 if at all.
Upon release it will be around £65-£80 and probably stay there.

Back
Top Bottom