1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows 7 internet

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by D.Roberts, 27 Sep 2009.

1. D.Roberts

Mobster

hi all me bro keeps saying his windows 7 keeps loosing internet well keeps popping up with limited or no internet connection he can fix it for a little while by restarting any ideas please.

cheers all

2. asim18

Capodecina

Wired or Wireless?

Have you tried cold restarting the router? (from the mains)

3. Simps

Wise Guy

This happened to me when I first installed win 7 and then again when I updated Ethernet drivers.
    My first fix was to reboot the router but it carried on disconnecting. A couple of reboots later and it was fixed. :confused: :confused:
    I didn't do anything other than reboot a few times. Wierd.

4. D.Roberts

Mobster

wireless

he says its not unheard of but there is no fix.

well i dont know i realy dont i will have to go round and have a go i suppose hehe.

its done it on two different routers one belkin other netgear only thing that is the same is the dongle its a g mimo plus belkin.

5. D.Roberts

Mobster

ok just to report he has it working great now all he had to do was uninstall firefox.

he read somewhere that it dont like win7.

6. Burnsy2023

Man of Honour

That's a load of crap, the latest version of FF has had no problems on my or any of my friends machines. It's unlikely to cause that sort of problem anyway.

7. Coldzero

Hitman

Sounds like hardware issue imo.

8. jas72

Capodecina

Firefox stopped working for me I now have it uninstalled.

When it updated to 3.5 it just hung on google. Everyone said it was my addons which is strange as my 2 XP machines at home and my XP machine at work all have the EXACT same addons and firefox runs perfectly on them.

I tried deleting my profile and cache and it fixed the problem for all of 2 minutes until next time I did a google search.

TBH I have limited time at home on the PC and it's just easier to use IE8 than to spend days trying to figure the problem out.

9. Fireblade2K4

Wise Guy

Personally I'd try and figure out the problem, FF is so much better than IE8!

Stu