1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows 7 internet

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by robinbredin, 3 Jan 2021.

1. robinbredin

Wise Guy

What it is I cannot get acess to the internet, my ISP is BT, is there a fix for this problem. thanks

2. Bouton Aide

Caporegime

You going to have to elaborate more than that. You need to tell us what you have tried to fix the problem.

3. Acme

Caporegime

:l

4. PiKe

Caporegime

Install chrome or Firefox would be my suggestion based on that vague description.

5. robinbredin

Wise Guy

clicked on the internet icon on the taskbar, put in my wireless pass code, i get a error message there is a error comming from your router. But my wireless router will grant access for my tablet and windows 10 lappy, but not my win 7 desktop.

6. Django x2

Capodecina

That's not a W7 error message I'm familiar with. Can you post a screenshot

Last edited: 5 Jan 2021
  7. PiKe

Caporegime

Is this a fresh 7 install? Most likely you need updates. Plug it in with ethernet temporarily

8. Orcvader

Capodecina

Do you know the wifi adapter model number? Is this with the BT Smart Hub 2 or their older router?

9. robinbredin

Wise Guy

bt smart hub

10. MagicBoy

Capodecina

This ... until you can provide the information that's been requested.

Most likely if you're still using IE then it doesn't support a high enough TLS standard to connect to anything.

Windows 7 is out of support. For over a year.

11. drakulton

Wise Guy

I've done about eight win 7 installs on different machines very recently, and most of them came up with the error that it was unable to connect to my wireless network after I'd entered the password in the available networks window. These were very old machines and the cmos batteries were flat. Perhaps the time/date were not current enough?
    After roughly ten attempts to put the password in, they all ended up connecting to my network. Not a fix but a similar observation.

12. Orcvader

Capodecina

You're still not giving much information. Is the wifi adapter part of the motherboard or an add-in card/USB? Have you checked if the drivers for it are properly installed? Has the internet on it worked before or is this a new desktop?

Work still have a few Win 7 machines deployed out, and they're all running fine. IE itself runs into errors loading pages now but Edge/Firefox works completely fine on them. No error messages when joining wifi as well, although we are using Unifi APs.

13. no idea what

Capodecina

Have you had this laptop connected to your router before? If the WiFi hardware is old enough, it may not even support WPA2 security.

14. robinbredin

Wise Guy

I grt an error 651. Checked my usernsme and password, and they are correct. Got it connected as main adapter behind router showing green, and secondary adapter in bedroom showing green boyh connected to the mains.

15. no idea what

Capodecina

You haven't answered barely any questions everyone has asked to try and help you :mad::mad::o

16. Bouton Aide

Caporegime

I'm guessing the specification - it's what's in your sig. Upgrade to windows 10 to support the latest technologies.

17. robinbredin

Wise Guy

I have found out the problem t think, the light have gone out on the adapter behind the hub. see I dont have wifi on the win 7 machine. So I use the mains electric wireing. will need new adapters, anybody any ideas.

18. Acme

Caporegime

:rolleyes:

19. PiKe

Caporegime

Username checks out.

This is why cousins shouldn't marry.

20. robinbredin

Wise Guy

Sorry about that.:eek: