Windows 7, post your base scores and spec!

Soldato
This is native, but running off a 640Gb physical drive rather than my Crucial SSD. Doesn't look too bad I guess :confused:

c48a1faa000123e2de8f1267ef24e7be.png

Caporegime
i7 920 DO @4ghz (21x193 bclk)
Asus p6t deluxe v2
6 gb ocz reaper, 7-7-7-24, 1547 mhz
2 x gtx 275 in sli
320gb f1 hdd, 250gb western digital caviar hdd.
Lg blu ray drive
Asus xonar dx souncard
Corsair hx 850w psu
Lian Li A70F case
Benq fp241w 24" lcd

winx.jpg

Everything bar the hdd's stacks up pretty well, could do with an ssd or two.

Soldato
Ah found it.

I'm surprised at how big some peoples C: partitions are, they only need to be about 60gb really.

Don't get why my HDD score is so low, plenty of space available, WDC320gb and WDC640.

WINDOWS7SCORE.jpg

Soldato
Ah found it.

I'm surprised at how big some peoples C: partitions are, they only need to be about 60gb really.

Why partition it at all? Any decent imaging software will only image what's there, not the entire disc. Only time I would split an OS disc is if I planned to dual-boot with something else - and even then only if I didn't have a spare HDD knocking about.

Don't get why my HDD score is so low, plenty of space available, WDC320gb and WDC640.

Max score of a mechanical HDD is 5.9. SCSI/SAS/RAID may get more points but dunno. In any "normal" desktop you would need an SSD to get more than 5.9.

Why partition it smaller? makes no performance difference. Plus most of us have STEAM and game so most of our STEAM folders easily exceed 50GB !

Exactly.

Sometimes it just isn't worth the bother installing software all over the place. I used to make that mistake years ago - small OS partition then struggle down the line when it fills up.

If you are worried about data [putting aside it should be backed up anyway] get a second HDD dedicated to storage.

Soldato
Why partition it at all? Any decent imaging software will only image what's there, not the entire disc. Only time I would split an OS disc is if I planned to dual-boot with something else - and even then only if I didn't have a spare HDD knocking about.

Max score of a mechanical HDD is 5.9. SCSI/SAS/RAID may get more points but dunno. In any "normal" desktop you would need an SSD to get more than 5.9.

Exactly.

Sometimes it just isn't worth the bother installing software all over the place. I used to make that mistake years ago - small OS partition then struggle down the line when it fills up.

If you are worried about data [putting aside it should be backed up anyway] get a second HDD dedicated to storage.

I'll never fill up my Windows partition, all my applications and games go on my other partition, and I have a partition for storage too, I usually give Windows around 40-50gb, that's probs more than it needs.

It all goes back to when I had XP and kept on re installing it cause it was slowing down after 2 months, I nuked the local drive and thought to hell with re installing games and some applications, I'll put it on a desperate partition.

Just seems a mess really wacking all applications and games in the program files folder and storing all files on it too, seems abit crappy.

Back
Top Bottom