1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7 - Shipping problems?

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by craig3000, 15 Oct 2009.

1. craig3000

Wise Guy

I have had my Windows 7 upgrade order processed a week or so ago, this delivery comes from Microsoft and there is no point at which you can choose a delivery method, so I assume it will be coming through Royal Mail :eek:

Now we all know the delays they have been having lately some people still haven't received post that was sent weeks ago or longer and the threat of more delays on the horizon, how will this affect the Windows 7 shipments??? I was given a delivery date of 5th November and I don't mind if it is a week late but I don't want any problems like it becoming lost or taking up to a month

What will we do lol ;)

2. kidloco

Mobster

nowt you can do mate, it arrives when it arrives. the post is crazy at the moment, I have been 11 days without a debit card thanks to some swine trying to use it fraudulantly. Bank just keep blaiming the post so I dont hold out much hope of my copy of windows arriving on time either.

Oh well, the RC doesnt run out for months anyway :D

3. craig3000

Wise Guy

Nah Vista is doing me fine atm, I just don't want it to end up lost in the process or something

I had to change my call of duty modern warfare 2 shipping for £2.50 luckily I was getting a discount of £2.50 already so it didn't really matter :D, oh well hope they don't spoil Christmas for others

4. Sajdood

Gangster

Windows 7 - When will we get it?

Well, so far no money has been taken out of my bank account.

But, since we've preordered it, surely we should get the copy before the 22nd?

If not, when will overclockers ship it and how many days will it take?

Also, I paid for royal mail special delivery to get through the strike ;D

5. madindehead

Mobster

Silly boy paying for Special Delivery. It's still Royal Mail! Should have taken DPD Next Day mate.

It will either be shipped on the 22nd I'm guessing. Or, perhaps arriving on the 22nd. Would be nice to know though. Thinking of buying my copy from here instead of the jungle, as I know I will get it faster with OCUk because of DPD delivery.

6. Memphis

Capodecina

You will get it when it arrives.

7. Sajdood

Gangster

I didnt have an option for DPD, at least I think I didn't D:

When will that be?

8. mikeo

Mobster

And when does the first rolling Royal mail strike start? Let me think! Whoops it's next Thursday (the 22nd Oct). O'dear....

I got an Email saying my order (IE. Windows 7) would be dispatched on the Wednesday. But that was from another supplier.

9. scrat

Associate

Question about a pre order of Windows 7

Hey People,

Ok did send an e mail to Overclockers about this question but failed to get a response, so I thought i would ask the question here:

If I pre ordered a copy of Windows 7 from Overclockers and if I paid for next day delivery (not by Royal Mail of course!) would i receive this on the 22 October which is the apparent date of release of Windows 7 or would I receive it the day after the 23 October?

Many Thanks

10. paulh

Wise Guy

haha, we're all like excited kids at christmas. me included!! i'm gonna start stamping my feet if i dont get it thrusday! :mad::D

11. zooankski

Hitman

You are not wrong there!-i have just spent the last 2 days going through all my stuff/backing up etc and if it does not arrive i will be more than upset about it:mad: