Windows Live Messenger (MSN8) new release - official

Soldato
G-MAN2004 said:
So if you got MSN Live Beta will it ask you to update?
Dunno. I've just downloaded and installed the beta and it hasn't told me about any updates available yet. There isn't a check for updates feature, at least not that I've found yet.

Does anyone know how to make MSN Messenger update itself or look for updates and then prompt me to update it?

Soldato
Craig321 said:
Busy has always been fine for me, always worked perfectly (stopped nudges, stopped sounds, stopped orangey flashing when you get a message etc.

Mine didnt on the build before this :( Oh well, I have nudge sounds/shakes disabled by default :p

Soldato
Craig321 said:
Mine did.
Mine still hasn't. Been running for 90 minutes now and nothing. How does it update? Do you have to download a file and install it or does MSN8 update itself?

Just thinking that if you had to use a link you could post it?

Soldato
mine just did. works fine. the colour schemes are vastly improved - much better contrast on them now.

the sounds......suck. i think, maybe they'll grow on me.

edit:btw, for those that arent getting the update option, just get soembody to send you a beta invite and you can update that way:)

Soldato
MarcLister said:
Mine still hasn't. Been running for 90 minutes now and nothing. How does it update? Do you have to download a file and install it or does MSN8 update itself?

Just thinking that if you had to use a link you could post it?

http://ideas.live.com/

:)

If your already using it up the top, right hand corner, "Beta users sign in here"

:)

Associate
What are these new things it asks to install?

Windows Live Sign-in Assistant
and
Rhapsody Music Service

Worth installing them?

Soldato
Tim said:
Then what? Has the new one fixed the prob where it doesnt tell you if the person you're in a convo with goes offline?

I was typing to someone (well 2 people who went offline) and they went offline, came back saying "cannot be delivered" so maybe it does it the 1st time? Or they have got rid of the offline message system. Not sure if thats what you meant? Or as it comes up at the top? Ive never had that bug. Mine works fine (appart from busy thing, but then, I dont know if it has been fixed in this MSN as I have just kept all sounds disabled)

Nikolic said:
What are these new things it asks to install?

Windows Live Sign-in Assistant
and
Rhapsody Music Service

Worth installing them?

I didnt bother personally

Soldato
I'm using WLM on my laptop but have yet to receive a prompt for the upgrade. I truly hope they haven't ditched the Offline messaging system - that was the only reason I switched to MSN from the superb Miranda client.

Soldato
just a note that theres a new A-Patch available as well...

i made this post in the networks forum (for some reason didn't think of posting it here :o)

lo all, not sure if anyones posted this yet...

Windows Live Messenger 8 is out now, and a new A-Patch is available for it (so you can remove those nasty adverts etc... :)

Messenger 8

A-Patch

piccy for you :)

messenger1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom