1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows networking between XP and Windows Vista Ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by richford1976, 13 Oct 2009.

1. richford1976

Associate

HI all,

I am hoping someone can help me with a problem im experiencing. I have a windows vista ultimate PC and a windows XP laptop. I want the laptop to be able to access my pics/docs on the f: drive. I have run the network sharing wizard at both ends and my laptop can see the public folder which is located on my C: drive and it can also see the F: drive. However when clicking on the F: drive i get the following message below

\\rich-pc\f is not accessible, You might not have permission to use this resource, Contact the administrator of the resource to find out if you have access permissions.

I can connect to my shared drives on my laptop from my main PC but not from the main pc to the laptop. Finally if i right click the F drive and click on sharing the "sharing" button is greyed out. Below that i can click on "advanced sharing" and there are various permission in there i can change but really at a loss. any help is appreciated.

Kind Regards
    Richard Ford