1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows software raid and nvidia raid compatible?

Discussion in 'Storage Drives' started by Mercutio, 31 Jan 2006.

1. Mercutio

Mobster

I have a raid5 built in software on an old win2k box. I now have "hardware" raid on an ASUS motherboard that supports raid 5. How compatible is windows software raid and raid im likely to find on the onboard controller? I dont need it to work for long, just want to get the data off the software raid5, flatten it and make a 0+1 (have the extra drive needed). Im a bit pushed for time I can spend working on doing this so wondered if the raid5 onboard + winxp (o/s I now intend to use) will let me access the existing raid array built onto these drives.
    I know about the winxp raid 5 softhack and thats my backup option, would rather do it in a more tidy way if possible tho.

2. Mercutio

Mobster

Anyone know?
    I've asked the question with nvidia so ill post on answer when i hear one :)

3. Mercutio

Mobster

Ok apparently so - reply back from Nvidia customer services is that a windows server raid5 array is compatible with nvidia raid5.