windows xp boot woes

Soldato
ok so i was using my brothers pc earlier when one of his virus scanners popped up and froze the whole system therefore forcing me to reset from the power switch, the system restarted and then on boot it came up with a horizontal bar along the bottom as if it was scanning or checking for somthing. The bar wouldnt even get all the way and then it would just reboot, now it comes up with the usual start from best known settings safe mode etc but whatever i choose it will reboot, it will load all the files for safe mode but then just reboot, also the windows xp install isnt picked up when i use the cd so i cannot repair it. whats the best way to go from here as i have quite a bit of important data on there any help would be appreciated :)

Associate
do you have a spare HDD and a ghost boot floppy/cd? (or other imaging /cloning software).

quite often i can clone a hdd that doesnt boot, the copy of which then proceeds to boot.

at the worst you can then playabout with various tools on the cloned hdd, you you dont lose all your data.

Back
Top Bottom