Winter is upon us - Cabbage

Soldato
Lamb leg steaks -roast spuds -yorkshire puds -carrots and Cabbage.
It was really nice.
So does anyone else sprinkle sugar on their cabbage. :eek:

Soldato
So does anyone else sprinkle sugar on their cabbage. :eek:
this sounds like a GenX thing (or starbucks - sugar on everything), that, they might do with vegetables that could be a bit bitter, sprouts, say, or cabbage ?
savoy this evening - steamed(never boiled), then tossed with a salt/pepper and a dash of olive oll .. nothing fancy.

Haven't heard of adding bicarb, but used it+white vinegar for cleaning coriander this evening.

Soldato
a more controversial one ? - No to salt on corn on the cob , just butter and pepper.

Market grocer was trying to pursuade me salt is required, as he was selling me first ever white(very pale) sweetcorn I'd bought.
ultimately a strange eat - the corn pops out of the membrane when you bite them, as opposed to,like the yellow ones, which detach like teeth.

Caporegime
I love a lot of Asian cuisine, but as I'm not a major fan of cabbage, I found Kimchi to be the single worst thing I've ever eaten.

I tried it years ago and found it to be meh but after trying the real stuff in Korea I find it amazing. It hits the same notes as pickles in a meal, it's great cutting grease in a meal but with a spicy kick.

Back
Top Bottom