Wireless HDMI Connection

Soldato
Afternoon, been a while since my last post and I think this is the most relevant section. I'm looking for a wireless HDMI for work; where we have various screens around the site for meetings/conf calls etc but they are all hardwired to a port in front of them and I'm sure there must be a gadget where I can plug a dongle into the HDMI port of a laptop and it just works; no software to install on laptops, no faffing around.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Associate
I've used wireless HDMI and it is a frustrating experience. There is more than one standard but none of them work particularly well over more than a few metres. The devices you need are typically much bigger than a simple dongle. Some devices won't work through walls or even people. The ones that work best actually use the 5GHz band but that means they can suffer interference from WiFi signals.

If you are looking for something reliable, stick to wired. Or use compressed video over WiFi, but I would forget wireless HDMI.

Edit: This would probably suit you. It isn't actually HDMI but it seems to allow you to send compressed audio and video across a WiFi network and then into a HDMI screen.
https://www.startech.com/uk/AV/Exte...-Extender-with-Audio-High-Definition~WIFI2HD2

Edit 2: You do need to install some software though...

Last edited:
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom