Wireless headphones that support AAC?

Associate
Recently, I've been looking for quality-sounding Bluetooth headphones and reading reviews on wireless headphones. I came across MajorHifi and I saw their review on the Sennheiser PXC 550. They seemed perfect for me, but after more research I realised that they only supported AptX (I own an iPhone 8 Plus which doesn't have this codec). Will the quality decrease be noticeable if I had an Android playing music from Spotify at the highest quality (Extreme or 320kbit/s) with the same headphones? Also does anyone know any good headphones that support AAC with high quality sound? Thanks

Soldato
Recently, I've been looking for quality-sounding Bluetooth headphones and reading reviews on wireless headphones. I came across MajorHifi and I saw their review on the Sennheiser PXC 550. They seemed perfect for me, but after more research I realised that they only supported AptX (I own an iPhone 8 Plus which doesn't have this codec). Will the quality decrease be noticeable if I had an Android playing music from Spotify at the highest quality (Extreme or 320kbit/s) with the same headphones? Also does anyone know any good headphones that support AAC with high quality sound? Thanks

aptX is a bluetooth streaming codec, and is supported by the iPhone 8. It's the best method of transmitting audio via bluetooth.

Associate
OP
I found the Bowers & Wilkins PX which also supports AAC so now it’s just a question of whether audio quality between SBC and AAC is discernable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom