Wireless IEMS

Associate
Bought the wife some of the Mpow M5's for £35 from Amazon - pretty good for the cash

I just bought a pair of Mpow M5 for £36 after seeing a fair few good recommendations. Any more thoughts from longer term use?

Thanks to everyone in this thread who mentioned Scarbir Audio; the amount of earphones on the market make it almost impossible to know where to start without a helping hand.

I previously had a pair of Enacfire Future but lost one a few months ago. I quite liked them, they worked well for running and general listening, were comfortable wearing for prolonged periods of time and had decent battery life. I tried a pair of Jlab Audio Go from Argos last week but found them terrible. Tinny sound, didn't get on with the control configuration and unresponsive touch controls. Definitely wouldn't recommend.

I was tied between trying Bomaker Sifi 2 but my dislike for touch buttons pushed me towards the M5. I hope I'm not wrong in thinking they have analogue buttons! I found the same thing with GPS watches- when I'm covered in sweat buttons triumph over touch controls any day. I'll report back once they arrive tomorrow.

Soldato
Needed a set of cheap wireless earbuds so I got a pair of the QCY T5's for ~£18 delivered, I am superbly impressed for the money.

Lovely balanced sound and nice to see three sizes of removable tips included, I am so impressed that I will be ordering some foam tips for them to get a better seal/isolation. Battery life is only 4 hours, but they won't be used for anywhere near that amount of time between being put back in the charging case.

If I had blind tested these and was asked to guess the price it would have been way, way higher.

Caporegime
OP
Needed a set of cheap wireless earbuds so I got a pair of the QCY T5's for ~£18 delivered, I am superbly impressed for the money.

Lovely balanced sound and nice to see three sizes of removable tips included, I am so impressed that I will be ordering some foam tips for them to get a better seal/isolation. Battery life is only 4 hours, but they won't be used for anywhere near that amount of time between being put back in the charging case.

If I had blind tested these and was asked to guess the price it would have been way, way higher.

I have these now as well and my fiil t1x has developed a charging issue. Going to see if I can get a replacement or refund. Otherwise I'll get a second pair of the qcy t5's

Soldato
Just pre-ordered a set of Ticpod ANC wireless earbuds.

Normal price is £79.99, but with 10% of for pre-order + 2% of for forum membership & 10% of for paying with Paypal...

£63.51 :)

May be useless but I can always send them back.

Associate
Well after starting with the samsung galaxy buds, then getting the free galaxy buds+ with my samsung s20 ultra i have just ordered some SONY WF-1000XMK3. I am hoping the sound is better quality and also they will be louder than the buds+.
Hope i made the right decision.

Soldato
Update on my mpow m30's I'm a little disappointed to be fair and going to return them. Sometimes I get no lag but often I get lag. The left earbud keeps disconnecting and they can only be paired with one device at a time which is a pain.

Apart from those things they were ok. Sounded good, were comfy and were small.

On the hunt again now.

Associate
Does anyone know where I can get the FIIL T1X in the UK? Hesitant to buy from Aliexpress/GearBest due to shipping time/customs cost as well as a nightmare to refund if I don't get on with them.

Man of Honour
Even though I lost my Cambridge Melomania 1 charger earlier this year I missed them so much I bought some more on Friday and Richer Sounds knocked me £20 off :)
I then found out Cambridge do foam buds for them at £10 for 5 pairs and they arrived today.
I'm happy again.

Associate
I'm currently on the lookout for some true wireless buds - I've earmarked (pun not intended) a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania 1's, however they are at the top of my budget, so should I be considering
any others below £100? I'm going to use them mainly for music. Thanks in advance guys.

Man of Honour
Even though I lost my Cambridge Melomania 1 charger earlier this year I missed them so much I bought some more on Friday and Richer Sounds knocked me £20 off :)
I then found out Cambridge do foam buds for them at £10 for 5 pairs and they arrived today.
I'm happy again.
Proper foam tips are the key.

I managed to squeeze some onto the £30 Amazon brand wireless buds I bought a couple of months ago and they just about fit back in the charging case. With normal silicon tips they're very much ok but nothing great. Foam tips transform them into "These were only £30!?" and removed the want for me to spend 3-4x the amount of branded ones.

Man of Honour
I'm currently on the lookout for some true wireless buds - I've earmarked (pun not intended) a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania 1's, however they are at the top of my budget, so should I be considering
any others below £100? I'm going to use them mainly for music. Thanks in advance guys.

The Melomania are superb and also buy their foam buds.
Don't buy the rubber case that costs £10, it is a pile of poo.

Man of Honour
Great to hear, I did however have the case in my basket, so I'll drop that and get some foam buds instead. Many thanks!

A quick lesson -
On the right bud press once for play/pause or answering the phone
Press twice to go forward a track
Press three times to talk to your phone (Google)
Hold button and volume goes up

Left bud
Basically the same but in reverse.

Associate
A quick lesson -
On the right bud press once for play/pause or answering the phone
Press twice to go forward a track
Press three times to talk to your phone (Google)
Hold button and volume goes up

Left bud
Basically the same but in reverse.
Thanks for this! Had a little look at the controls, so handy to know.

Associate
The Melomania are superb and also buy their foam buds.
Don't buy the rubber case that costs £10, it is a pile of poo.

After putting my Samsung Buds through the washing machine (doh!) I've just ordered a pair of Melomania's. Am I correct in saying they come with a set of foam buds as well as the rubber ones, or do I need to purchase the £10 set. Didn't order with the headphones as I see there are 2 different sizes so want to see what the fit is like first.

Back
Top Bottom