1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wireless keyboard and wireless mouse (microsoft)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by comp builder, 2 Jun 2006.

1. comp builder

Hitman

hi i have just brought a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse (microsoft) and they take batteries (obviously) anyway i was wondering if when my comp is turned off are the battries in my keyboard and mouse stil running (i think they are but just enquiring) and does anyone know how long these batteries normally last for?
    thanks

2. james.miller

Capodecina

the mouse and keyboard will both go into sleep mode after a period of inactivity. use varies, but typically its about 3 months if i recall. its quite a while for mice and keyboards running on AA's/AAA's anyway:)

also, get some rechargables. they last much longer.

3. Noni.

PermaBanned

Yeah, my brothers have lasted ages :O!

4. comp builder

Hitman

thanks guys i was gunna get recharbles but i thought i might aswell use the ones that were supplied with the keyboard and mouse and then buy recharbles when they are dead lol
    thanks

5. Global_Inferno

Hitman

The keyboard ones last AGES... my dad;s had his in his keyboard for more than a year, and their still going strong!

6. Voy06

Hitman

I have Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. The keyboard lasts for ages but the batteries in the mouse seem to last about 2-3 weeks and thats with me taking the batteries out at night.

Just make sure you have spare AA/AAA batteries at the ready should they run out.

7. comp builder

Hitman

ok im going to buy some recharbles for it when these run out, does anyone know why the keyboard battries last longer than the mouse batteries?
    i thought it would have been the other way around because the keyboard is bigger with more buttons lol
    thanks

8. james.miller

Capodecina

the keyboard is really just "press a button and send a signal". with mice you have to power the optical engine, more power-hungry if its laser as well. That takes pics 1000's of times a second so it just eats up current. They still last a long time, but they arent as simple as keyboards:)

9. comp builder

Hitman

oooo yeh of course thanks for the help guys i really apreciate it
    thanks again :cool: