wireless network card for laptop??

Soldato
hp7909 said:
Isn't there a sticker somewhere underneath the laptop that gives you some of its details? If so, Google them or post them up here.

Anyway, I suspect its PCMCIA slot, so I suggest you get the same make adaptor/card as their Wireless router for maximum compatibility:
  • Linksys WPC54G Wireless-G Notebook Adapter (NW-004-LS) £23.95 - Currently out of stock @ OcUK :(
  • or Linksys WPC54GS Wireless-G Notebook Adapter with SpeedBooster (NW-011-LS) £34.00

Maximum compatibility with an IEEE (802.11g) standard? :confused:

Soldato
Phnom_Penh said:
I wouldn't be suprised if the speedbooster used a different chipset to the standard one. Just don't get a Netgear one.

Netgear provide cards which go above the standard 54Mbps. Lots of my customers are using them and I'm not getting any compliants...

Soldato
FunkyT said:
Netgear provide cards which go above the standard 54Mbps. Lots of my customers are using them and I'm not getting any compliants...
Maybe, but the Atheros Super G/Airgo Mimo standards used in Netgear cards are not the same as the Broadcom Speedbooster technology used in the Linksys and will therefore not nessecarily be compatible. Which? had a problem with this when they tried to use a Linksys router with a Netgear card. The card couldn't see the router.

Soldato
Phnom_Penh said:
Maybe, but the Atheros Super G/Airgo Mimo standards used in Netgear cards are not the same as the Broadcom Speedbooster technology used in the Linksys and will therefore not nessecarily be compatible. Which? had a problem with this when they tried to use a Linksys router with a Netgear card. The card couldn't see the router.

Fair point dude :p

Back
Top Bottom