1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wirless Headsets?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by richieboy, 2 May 2006.

1. richieboy

Wise Guy

Wireless Headsets?

Need to get myself a wireless headset (headphones and mike) for gaming using my HDTV...but cannot see to find them anywhere.

All i can find are wireless headphones but not wireless headsets.

Help?

Last edited: 2 May 2006
  2. Fods

Gangster

When you refer to a Head set, do you entail a Microphone as well as head phones?

Because i can not find these anywhere! i've concluded they dont exist!!
    i presuming that its difficult to transfer the voice data back to the computer without excessive pressure on the battery life - best i can come up with :)

if you get anywhere in your quest of finding any - Email me ! :D [email protected]

3. josh85x

Gangster

4. Energize

Caporegime

Bluetooth headsets are the only wireless ones with mic that you can get. If your using a program like trillian or whatever it is, you should be able to use them.

5. richieboy

Wise Guy

:p

Thanks for your help guys, just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing something.

6. richieboy

Wise Guy

Do you have a link to a manufacturers site that produces them, or do OcUK sell them?

7. Energize

Caporegime

Loads of mobile phone shops sell them.

8. kinetic747

Mobster

As far as I'm aware this sort of headset doesn't exist that'll work with the likes of teamspeak etc. :(

9. richieboy

Wise Guy

I was aiming more towards gaming headsets like i mentioned earlier in the thread...e.g. large and comfy, not those little phone headsets that sit on one of your ears.

Never mind. It pretty much looks like they are produced in small numbers at the moment, as i know they exist from various websites i have been Googling...just couldn't find any suppliers in the UK that sell them. Ill have to play the old waiting game.

Thanks to those who read the OP. Tee hee. :D :p :rolleyes:

10. Energize

Caporegime

It should work fine with teamspeak over bluetooth, as long as it is installed properly.

11. richieboy

Wise Guy

But as i mentioned earlier, i need proper headphones that are large and comfy as they will be worn for hours on end - and i need to have the sound in both ears or it would interfere with my gaming.

Sorry matey, but its really not a solution i can use.

12. Energize

Caporegime

I was reffering to kenetics post.

13. richieboy

Wise Guy

I think he was reffering to my post, confirming that what i was asking about didnt exist.

14. kinetic747

Mobster

I've explored this possiblity myself but a wireless gaming headset doesn't exist yet. You could be right about Teamspeak though.