Wolfenstein: Youngblood - 26th July 2019

Soldato
I'll wait until this is heavily discounted. The co-op aspect doesn't interest me at all. In fact, I decided to buy Old Blood instead.

Soldato
Really enjoying this, played about 30 mins in so far. Not sure why folk aren't liking it but obviously everyone has their own opinions. Running butter smooth, maxed out graphics on my modest rig at 1920x1080.

Soldato
:confused::eek::(The mission waypoints/pathfinding on this isn't great. I'm currently on the 'Brothers' missions in Paris and I have no idea where to go or what to do, so much so that I've exited the game and given up.

Associate
Sounds like this will be on the Game Pass line up soon. I'll give it a shot then, can't get New Colossus to even load so am reluctant to pay for this and find the same.

Associate
Hmm played 30 minutes last night once I got new Ryzen system setup. Initial feelings were:-
Hey really nice graphics.
Then it was a bit of puzzlement at seeing the health bars above enemies and random crates lying around the level. Also the shooting mechanics were pretty weak for a title of this supposed lineage.
But, it will be a short game that I will play through, finish and then completely forget about.
But it sure does look and run nice.

jpm

jpm

Associate
Had this free with my 2080, enjoyed it at first but man its getting on my nerves now lol Specially the twins. Hell yeah dude, dude this dude that. STFU!!!

Other than that it runs smooth as butter and the gunplay is pretty good.

Prob only play it once and that be it.

Soldato
I tried playing this game but I just can't as it's soo annoying..

It plays well, it looks nice but it's just not a Wolfenstein game any more. All most forced Co-Op is a pain in the backside, the characters are soo annoying with the 'pep' system is trash, who ever thought that was a good idea needs shooting, and being forced to change weapons constantly is a poor joke.

If this game wasn't named Wolfenstien then it wouldn't matter, they have ruined a franchise in one hit - Well done..

Caporegime
Horrendous is a bit of an understatement.

The two biggest issues are even with poor gameplay, poor scaling, poor mechanics, poor rpg stuff and everything else, if a game is at least remotely likeable/endearing it can still be good. In this game I literally hate the character I'm playing. It's got precisely nothing to do with it being a woman, I've never once rejected or disliked a good game because the character is male or female, who cares. They are just, nearly every conversation and every word makes me hate them completely and that makes me feel bad playing as these characters. The second major issue is, when you're talking about Wolfenstein/COD and most games, you normally have pretty linear levels but the simplicity of setting up choke points, attacks, ambushes and things makes level design quite fast compare to making less linear open world games which have much more complex mechanics. You take any (of the good older) COD games and gut the single player by replaying the same 4 levels over and over again you'd destroy those games.

Playing the same areas over and over again is cheap and lazy, not good for a game.

Characters you hate, boring repetitive zones and playing. I've completely given up at this point, the story does nothing for me, the gameplay is bad and I can't stand my character talking.

Associate
Not sure if this seems worth it from peoples comments so far, but this release is making me think it might be time for me to give old blood another run through.

Back
Top Bottom