Wolfenstein: Youngblood - 26th July 2019

Associate
Wolfenstein hasn't been good since 2001! I snagged The New Order and Old Blood in a sale, both were generic shooters with measly ten hour campaigns. RTCW had more atmosphere, better pacing and a memorable story! Even the new Doom games are mindless shooters with no substance.

Soldato
Wolfenstein hasn't been good since 2001! I snagged The New Order and Old Blood in a sale, both were generic shooters with measly ten hour campaigns. RTCW had more atmosphere, better pacing and a memorable story! Even the new Doom games are mindless shooters with no substance.
In comparison to rtcw these are the worst games in the world, I agree.

Soldato
Currently playing this as single player, although the word 'campaign' does not appear so you have to select 'host game' then 'who can I play with' and select 'nobody',

It's along the same lines as the more recent ones, it's enjoyable enough apart from some annoyances, for e.g. there is no save/load and checkpoints are too far apart, if you stop playing before a checkpoint you are likely to get transported back to the start of the level next time you play. If you die you do get to spawn in the same place.
Also, if you pause the game for any reason such as changing your loadout you are still vulnerable from enemy gunfire

EDIT: if you die you do end up at the start of the level

Last edited:
Soldato
Honestly the 2nd worst game of the year after Anthem. What a frustration.

- Awful enemy AI
- RPG mechanics for zero reason
- Awful companion AI
- Stupid armour system for zero reason
- Complete bullet sponges making zero interesting gameplay
- Stupid humour, badly written characters
- No depth development
- Repetitive gameplay loops
- Repetitive game zones
- Repetitive one liners

Last edited:
Soldato

Liked those myself, Wolfenstein 2009, The New order 2014 and Wolfenstein II The New Colossus (didn't play old blood) now you might like New Colossus more as that had much more story, cinematics etc. Tbh though I though the story to New Order was enough for what it is. 2001 wasn't exactly much of story either compared with similar time to complete.

Caporegime
I haven't played Young Dudes yet but aside from Colossus (bar the demo), I've played all the others - with Old Blood being my overall preferred choice over New Order.

Downloading the demo. Let's give it a whirl. Bloody hell, how much storage space does this require?!

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Honestly the 2nd worst game of the year after Anthem. What a frustration.

- Awful enemy AI
- RPG mechanics for zero reason
- Awful companion AI
- Stupid armour system for zero reason
- Complete bullet sponges making zero interesting gameplay
- Stupid humour, badly written characters
- No depth development
- Repetitive gameplay loops
- Repetitive game zones
- Repetitive one liners

I don't know... I've been having a hell of a blast with Anthem again in Grandmaster 2.

Soldato
I don't know... I've been having a hell of a blast with Anthem again in Grandmaster 2.

tbh I don't get how anyone plays Anthem, it is missing key and critical gameplay loops with god awful loot so no reason to grind anything. It lacks most of what I was expecting from it (considering what was shown) so I suppose that for me is why it has been this years worst game personally. Different thread and time to go over all that though.

Caporegime
OP
Wolfenstein hasn't been good since 2001! I snagged The New Order and Old Blood in a sale, both were generic shooters with measly ten hour campaigns.

Nah, I don't agree with that. I love the Laserkraftwerk weapon in the new games. It's great fun to melt everything away in front of you. And the baddie, Frau Engel is hilarious.

Soldato
New Colossus still stands as the best imo. The story, characters, levels and black humour all gelled very well. Also, rarely do you get the opportunity to stamp Hitler to death.

Soldato
This game is IMHO, still fun. But my goodness, it's frustrating. I'm on the 'Brother 3' mission, took ages to get to the area I'm in. Shoot two Kommandants and they drop a key each for the supercomputer. Except for some reason I can only find one Kommandant and one key. The other one has completely vanished and the mission waypoint is showing it below me as if the key or Kommandant has mysteriously dropped through the level floor. :confused:

So I give up and restart the level. At which point due to the utterly woeful level save/checkpoint system, it puts me right back at the beginning of the ENTIRE level. Which genius at Bethesda thought that one up? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Soldato
Yes, the save system is pants and annoying as hell, time & time again I reload the game to continue to find I'm put back to the start of the level. I've just reached the same place as you but managed to find both keys on the upper gantry, depending where you shot them
Some of the the waypoints are lifts which load another area and presumably make a save so I usually try to end my game there in the vain hope I can restart it. Sometimes it works, mostly it does not.

I've got fed up playing it now so I'm running it via Wemod to use unlimited cloak duration, ramp up all my skills, weapons & gear and the occasional one hit kill for those big robots so I can speed to complete the game and uninstall it

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got fed up playing it now so I'm running it via Wemod to use unlimited cloak duration, ramp up all my skills, weapons & gear and the occasional one hit kill for those big robots so I can speed to complete the game and uninstall it

Good call - I just did the same although I used a FLiNG Trainer instead of WeMod. Blasted my way through to the end battle, completed it. Overall as a game, it was reasonably good fun and I love the setting of these games but this time around the negative points were too much. Next one that gets released in the series I will be waiting until its a budget dirt cheap buy before purchasing.

Soldato
Good call - I just did the same although I used a FLiNG Trainer instead of WeMod. Blasted my way through to the end battle, completed it. Overall as a game, it was reasonably good fun and I love the setting of these games but this time around the negative points were too much. Next one that gets released in the series I will be waiting until its a budget dirt cheap buy before purchasing.
Can I use either of those for playing coop multiplayer with a friend?

Soldato
Can I use either of those for playing coop multiplayer with a friend?

Wemod will work for coop,
I've now uninstalled it in a fit of rage :p I loaded it up again today to find myself right back at the start of the very long level that I completed yesterday on Brother 3, climbing up the tower to get the two keys etc, all the waypoints are reset even though it actually shows I completed the level it's forcing me to replay it! the enemies are all there again but the loot boxes show already opened from my previous visit. :confused:
2rhwobo.jpg

dc3n0m.jpg
dc3n0m.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Wemod will work for coop,
I've now uninstalled it in a fit of rage :p I loaded it up again today to find myself right back at the start of the very long level that I completed yesterday on Brother 3, climbing up the tower to get the two keys etc, all the waypoints are reset even though it actually shows I completed the level it's forcing me to replay it! the enemies are all there again but the loot boxes show already opened from my previous visit. :confused:
2rhwobo.jpg

dc3n0m.jpg
dc3n0m.jpg
Very cool, how would I add coins to my partners character. That's really all I want to use it for as i am pretty annoyed at the premium currency part of the game

Back
Top Bottom