Wolfenstein: Youngblood - 26th July 2019

Soldato
Wolfenstein hasn't been good since 2001! I snagged The New Order and Old Blood in a sale, both were generic shooters with measly ten hour campaigns. RTCW had more atmosphere, better pacing and a memorable story! Even the new Doom games are mindless shooters with no substance.

That's my thoughts as well. RTCW was amazing. Despite reviewing well the newer entries in the series just seemed like generic trash when I played them. May as well have been call of duty with a reskin. I'm giving this latest game a miss.

I did like the latest Doom game though! It felt like a real return to form for the franchise IMO.

Soldato
What's not to understand? It's like the developers sat down in a room and, rather than come up ideas for a decent Wolfenstein game, just decided to list all the things that would ruin a game and then greenlit them.

As pointed out, the game is not so bad and no worse than many others of a similar type. It's just ruined by the save system not working properly when you close the game.

Soldato
What's not to understand? It's like the developers sat down in a room and, rather than come up ideas for a decent Wolfenstein game, just decided to list all the things that would ruin a game and then greenlit them.

This.

loved the others, adding co-op should just make it an awesome amount of fun..... nope, guess not.

Caporegime
As pointed out, the game is not so bad and no worse than many others of a similar type. It's just ruined by the save system not working properly when you close the game.

Yeah, I hate the character I'm playing, hate the story, hate the ridiculous lock systems which are supposed to use two people but they constantly add wait for your dumb AI to go hold a thing at the same time moments. The levels are pretty boring in design, the enemy AI is truly terrible. The fighting is dull because it's rather than lots of well timed sequences of attacks and ambushes, etc, it's just ammo sink guys and repeated use of attacks. It just feels almost the same everywhere. The bosses are mostly similar/same.

Yeah, just the save game that's a bit different.

Soldato
Literally a game so ******* **** that people are already openly cheating just to get any value for money out of it. :D
The game isn't bad, it just takes getting used to as its different than the previous versions too have something to progress with your friend. It took me an hour to get my head around it and then it is actually really fun.
The cheating for me is because I'm not paying real money to unlock the skins

Soldato
Waiting for it to hit bargain bin on initial reveal I was hyped but watched so many vid reviews etc and one thing I can't help but laugh at is the ammo has to certain type to do good enough damage.

And the other rpg elements added in. I don't go to wolfenstein games for that type of game play

Permabanned
Looks like feminism has reached the gaming world now as well as Hollywood. Gotta keep them insecure women happy lol.
Anyone know when its going to get ray tracing?

Thots and Feminism, By the time RT comes the game will be dead bro i will not even use my code lol. It got hammered by most reviewers but if i know my patterns they will double down on the next one with even more of what angered you.

It used to be good, But times change is woke Star Wars good? Bond 25? Ghostbusters 3? Everything they touch turns from gold to poop. King Midas would lol.

Soldato
Really need help as my game on PC seems to be broken?

In the first mission when general Winklar is on the radio. You go down the elevator then find a key panel that needs a code. I then go to the area where the code is. Which is supposed to be a floppy disc and it isn't there. I have watched youtube videos and the disc shows up next to the bed on top of the crate. But no matter how many times I try its never there. I have reinstalled the game but for some reason the floppy disc just doesn't appear and I cant go any further. This is silly. Its the first mission.

Soldato
What an appalling game, another duffer from Bethesda.
Just got to my first boss, Brother 1 and of course was killed and as I had no lives for some reason it is a restart right at the beginning of the quest,
Weapons seem pretty under powered compared to the enemies where even office workers are bullet sponges.
What is happening with games now, is it the bean counters who are insisting that an unfinished, untested game is released as soon as it is possible?

Soldato
I'm almost at the end of the game. Played it all solo and can honestly say it's as much fun I've had playing a game for a while. The new Wolfenstein universe is very tongue in cheek and cool in an 80s action movie / B movie type of way. You are not supposed to take it too seriously. It isn't trying to be anything more than just a good laugh and it absolutely delivers in that respect. All the hate and moaning is just a reflection of the sorry culture we have now IMO.

Back
Top Bottom