1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Women's Aid has issued a warning about Adam's behaviour on Love Island

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dowie, 22 Jun 2018.

1. dowie

Caporegime

honestly I really don't watch this show (I know I made a thread previously about some Sun or Mirror article re: some good looking Dr chap being rejected by the plastic Essex bird types...) but this article appeared on social media (I don't read Cosmo either FWIW)

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/rep...alflowTW&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

WTF??? It's a game show isn't it? As far as I can tell from youtube clips of previous shows they've had girls call each other various words that can't be typed here, scream and shout and square up to each other... call each other ***** or slags... guys square up to each other. The show deliberately messes with the contestants emotionally with dubious lie detector tests given to members of different couples, bringing on ex partners, bringing on new girls/guys who inevitably cause "drama" by splitting up established couples etc..etc..

Yet in spite of all that pretty appalling behaviour apparently a guy smirking and acting a bit sarcastically when breaking up with someone has caused a twitter **** storm

It's apparently "domestic abuse" now... they've stretched things a bit by calling it emotional abuse in the first place tbh... but now they're literally conflating it with domestic violence by making use of a broad term like "domestic abuse".

He might well be a bit of an arse but I mean in terms of things to get outraged about on a show like that it just seems bizarre that a bloke being a bit sarcastic and not particularly emotional when splitting with someone is up there as the worst and warrants a charity coming out with a warning and various publications (it seems to have hit the BBC and HuffPo too) carrying the warning..

2. FoxEye

Capodecina

Who cares... it's literally a show for people who grunt as they smash rocks together.

LITERALLY.

3. Tefal

Capo Crimine

So that last in the first season who claimed to have "mugged off" the Italian twin but when the people who'd seen that joins later revealed she had in fact been dump3d by the Italian twin (she threw herself at him he said hgo back him the other guy) and she lied her **** off to everyone till they came in

Is fine but a guy telling the truth isbdomestic abus3?

4. Tefal

Capo Crimine

No it's not you ******* anymore than this forum is its popular entertainment with mild scripting to elicit hilarious responses.

5. FoxEye

Capodecina

Is that a pile of rocks I see next to your TV remote? Hmm....

6. Tefal

Capo Crimine

is that a green house i see around yours?

7. FoxEye

Capodecina

Just reading that made my head hurt.

Such compelling drama. Such humanity. I'm so invested now. Is this what love feels like? Hold me....

8. Tefal

Capo Crimine

Well like all stories it has its ups and downs personally I'd never watched before the other weekend when gf was over.

But yup women doing what male is accused of is fine male is abuse.

Dont worry though dude I'm sure some day you'll find love and move out of your mum's house

9. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

He's clearly been watching too much **** Island.

10. AHarvey

Sgarrista

absolutely LMAO at how defensive Tefel is over this absolutely awful TV show.

Big TOWIE and Jersey Shore fan too Tefal? what about the real housewives of Cheshire? :D

11. Tefal

Capo Crimine

I've watched about 5 episodes lol.

I just find the superior attitudes of moms basement dwellers hilarious ;)

12. Malevolence

Capodecina

13. IvanDobskey

Sgarrista

I couldn't give a rat's hairy ball bag about any of the self obsessed cretins in this sorry excuse for a TV show ;)

The only way I'd watch it, was if they announced it was a battle royale style last man standing wins :D

Last edited: 22 Jun 2018
  14. Amnesia

Sgarrista

I think the article was written by tefal

15. Caracus2k

Soldato

I wonder if 'women's aid' also recognise the 'warning signs' in certain women's behaviour and call these out?

Erin Pizzey was right to observe that domestic abuse is all too often reciprocal, it just the outcomes that are often different due to the average strength differences between between the sexes.

16. aardvark

Sgarrista

its hardly difficult to be superior to crap like love island - are we supposed to be non-critical of garbage tv now?

17. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

It is quite funny tbh. These men are obnoxious, but the girls know this and then choose to go back to them and expect things to be different. Shockingly the guys then do the same thing again. It is quite entertaining to watch. Can't blame Women's aid, a good way to grab some attention.

18. MikeTheNative

Sgarrista

I think people are getting confused that 'reality television' is not real anymore, it is just do what ever the producers tell you too.

Last edited: 22 Jun 2018
  19. VincentHanna

Capodecina

I've never seen an episode but thought it would be popular with people here who believe in the manosphere, as most of the guys must be so "alpha" to you.

20. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Yup, Love Island is massively staged. People seem to think it is all real though.