Women's Aid has issued a warning about Adam's behaviour on Love Island

Man of Honour
I just find the superior attitudes of moms basement dwellers hilarious ;)

Agreed and I've never watched it.
GD - somebody starts a thread and it's it greeted with people who don't know how to Google and say 'Who' or have to post "I don't care".
I never moan about TV programs I don't like because I just switch channels or watch something on the NAS, however it does sound that some of you under the thumb posters are MADE to watch this stuff.

Associate
I caught a bit of the show the other night while the girlfriend was watching it and the contestants were talking about Brexit but had no clue what it was or how it would affect them.

Caporegime
I don't get the outrage either, isn't this the exact type of antics that people expect when they watch this sort of show?

And the girl moaning about it to this Adam's face, love, it's a show called love island where a load of horny young people try to get it on with each other, what exactly where you expecting?

I saw the outrage about it the after day it happened and thought, "Why are you people complaining, it's what you watch it for isn't it?"

As you say Dowie, the fact they are labeling this as any type of abuse is just madness.

Caporegime
questioning your memory of events, trivialising your thoughts or feelings

This entire article is probably propaganda for the wider culture war that is currently taking place... by that I mean because of the Fake News media most on the left (particularly far left) have a memory of world events that completely differs from reality (ie. Brexit will be a disaster, Russia collusion, everyone to the right of them are Nazi's etc) so it's probably intended to galvanise them to dig their heels in and see everyone who questions their irrational beliefs or tells them they're overreacting an evil person as they tend to do anyway.

Caporegime
Wait, there are males on here who watch Love Island? LOL

Believe it or not but there are those of us who have managed to get girlfriends, it is these who watch it and I just sit there on my phone whilst it's on in the background waiting for it to finish.

Obviously this is just my scenario, I'm convinced @dowie is a closet watcher though. :p :D ;)

Soldato
I think it's a good idea actually, the charity is highlighting issues that some of the viewership my be having but not realising that it's abuse. They aren't directly calling the guy an abuser (as they know it's not real) but if only one viewer realises they in an abusive relationship as a result it's worth it.

Soldato
I guessing that most people aren't bothering to read the article. I post what the article itself says the point of this is.

While we're not accusing Adam of being an abuser, and neither is Women's Aid, what we are saying is that his behaviour is unacceptable. Rosie has evidently recognised this, and felt strong enough to stand up to him, but there are many people who wouldn't have been brave enough to do the same and that's when patterns can start to emerge.
The more we have conversations about this kind of thing, the more awareness there will be that abuse can come in many forms. It doesn't require a fist in the face to constitute domestic abuse, but that doesn't make emotional manipulation any less damaging. And it's important that Women's Aid has used this opportunity to remind the millions young women avidly watching Love Island of this.

It's using the actions of the characters on Love Island (they aren't real people) to highlight the issue of domestic abuse and how it may be happening but people aren't realising.

Back
Top Bottom