Women's Aid has issued a warning about Adam's behaviour on Love Island

Caporegime
I guessing that most people aren't bothering to read the article. I post what the article itself says the point of this is.

It's using the actions of the characters on Love Island (they aren't real people) to highlight the issue of domestic abuse and how it may be happening but people aren't realising.

^
Seems reasonable

Agreed

Essentially very impressionable young girls watch this show, and they want to highlight that whatever he did, this guys actions shouldn't be normalised and girls shouldn't expect to be treated like that.

Caporegime
far to few people of colour and ethnic minorities on this show.

RACISTS!

Wheres the token poor white boy? all these seem to be middle classes, gentrification of the masses!!!

Soldato
Believe it or not but there are those of us who have managed to get girlfriends, it is these who watch it and I just sit there on my phone whilst it's on in the background waiting for it to finish.

Obviously this is just my scenario, I'm convinced @dowie is a closet watcher though. :p :D ;)

I couldn't even imagine having to sit on the sofa on my phone in such a castrated state while my girlfriend commandeers the TV to watch utter trash, this is why I have a PC situated downstairs.

Caporegime
I couldn't even imagine having to sit on the sofa on my phone in such a castrated state while my girlfriend commandeers the TV to watch utter trash, this is why I have a PC situated downstairs.

I have a PC downstairs as well, and a fiancée...I don't get the point we're making here?

She doesn't watch Towie, Love Island etc but she does occasionally watch soaps which I have no interest in.

Sometimes she says "Do you mind if I watch this for half an hour" and I say - No problem.
Other times I'll be mid-way through a game on Playstation 4/Xbox One X in the lounge and I'll say "Do you mind If I finish this bit" - No problem

Give and take and all that.

Soldato
I have a PC downstairs as well, and a fiancée...I don't get the point we're making here?

She doesn't watch Towie, Love Island etc but she does occasionally watch soaps which I have no interest in.

Sometimes she says "Do you mind if I watch this for half an hour" and I say - No problem.
Other times I'll be mid-way through a game on Playstation 4/Xbox One X in the lounge and I'll say "Do you mind If I finish this bit" - No problem

Give and take and all that.

My point is that she can watch what ever she wants and I'll just go on my PC, I wouldn't sit on the sofa on my phone bored because we want to watch different programs

Man of Honour
My point is that she can watch what ever she wants and I'll just go on my PC, I wouldn't sit on the sofa on my phone bored because we want to watch different programs

I may go upstairs on the PC, but then when Love Island is on she is just back from work and I have already been on the PC too much. So I figure it is 'quality' time together :p

Caporegime

I didn't say I was bored, it's just her program, I appreciate that, sometimes I do go on the computer, other times I go on the laptop, depends what I can be bothered to do.

I sit there because then when it's finished we will more than likely watch a TV show we both like.

Soldato
That's cool then, each to their own. I wasn't making an entirely serious post with the castrated part. I do have friends who are basically forced to watch TV with their partners though when they'd prefer not to, and the partner will have a go at them if they want to just play games instead because "they spend too much time on their PC"

Caporegime
That's cool then, each to their own. I wasn't making an entirely serious post with the castrated part. I do have friends who are basically forced to watch TV with their partners though when they'd prefer not to, and the partner will have a go at them if they want to just play games instead because "they spend too much time on their PC"

Sounds like they are in abusive relationships and should seriously re-asses their situation.

Soldato
The timings are working out quite nicely with the football at the moment - so i'm happy to let her watch love island.
The 7pm match usually finishes around 8:50ish and love island starts at 9. There's going to be trouble in the knockout rounds when matches start going to extra time.

Caporegime

They don't by any chance consume soy do they?

Back
Top Bottom