1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Won't read cds

Discussion in 'Optical Storage & Writing' started by :: cmckay ::, 24 Jan 2006.

1. :: cmckay ::

Wise Guy

I am running WinXP Pro - Although the cdrom I am using wont read some cd's. They could be packed with photos etc.. and it'll say blank cd.

Others it will read fine...

The drive is an LG CDRW - always worked fine, just happened out of the blue. Windows has also been reinstalled, to no avail.

Any ideas?

2. Behemoth

Mobster

It sounds more like the CD Drive as a problem with reading CDR discs, nt much you can do about it really. given the fact they are cheap enough these days to replace anyway mate.

BTW this should have bene in the optical drives section.

3. :: cmckay ::

Wise Guy

Sorry about the wrong forum.

Thing is, its read CDR discs without a problem before, and on top of that it will still read many, just a select few wont work.

4. Dennisthemenace

Gangster

Download Infotool from the Ahead Nero website to identify the discs that are compatible with your drive
    On the Ahead Nero website is a nifty tool for CD drive and disk diagnostics, called CDSpeed. It don't repair, just diagnose.
    A lot of discs come in a range of fancy colours and some confuse the drives to hell, any chance you're using one?

5. :: cmckay ::

Wise Guy

The bottom of this disk is a blackish colour now you mention it. Although just to add, I have noticed that it won't read some game cd's etc.. either (not copies).