Word pad suddenly showing me invisible text

Soldato
Hi all!

Been a few month since I last posted here as I've been travelling and still am! I am so gutted right now!

I have been blogging since I came away but Internet hasn't always been available so I have been saving it all in word pad! My laptop has been very slow today so I saved the update and restarted! Went to open it up and now everything I have written over the past 2 months is gone! Well I say gone its there, I can highlight it all but not see any letters!

Really is gutting that's my entire last 2 months of my life gone! Is there a way to recover this file?? I have some of the early stuff saved online but the other 40pages are now hiding!

If someone could help me I would be so greatful! Would even pay if someone could sort this! Means so much to me! I can email the file! But all I get when I email it to someone is a reply saying the file just shows squares or 0's!

Associate
where did you save it. if on windows 7 u could go to C:\Users\username and you can rite click the folder name: My Documents go into properties and check in the previous versions tab...
7vP8WWLU.png

Soldato
OP
i dont have any word or open office on this latopo! its just a cheapo ive had for years i bought away travelling. and the internet is so so slow in vietnma i cant download anything either!

when i drop it into notepad i get the same thing

Soldato
OP
thanks for trying mate! Im sure its all gone :( i have some backed up i might rewrite some but the memories wont be the same lol

Back
Top Bottom