Work Perks

Soldato
Hmm running a taxi business does have a few perks

As many free American Express goodies as I want. They look after their merchants
Large portion of income is tax free cash payments ftw
The large number of drunken slappers that cross my path every weekend

Associate
Free tea / coffee / snacks
Foosball table
Xbox / PS3 on a 50" tv
Another 50" tv with full Sky package in the break area
Decentish work machine (i5, 16gb RAM)
20% off Vodafone contracts
Discounted share scheme (pay 85% of the lowest share price in last 6 months)
Health / dental cover
Cheap gym
Cinema in the office once a month (using a customer demo room with 3 large screens)
$50/quarter fun fund

The best one is concessionary rates at my local gyms. Works out at about 20-25% off. We can break up at lunchtime on Christmas Eve, which I think is fairly normal as my previous 2 workplaces did that too. 27 days holiday plus bank holiday - that's very generous compared to the statutory minimum I got at my previous place. We're allowed to use our work's address for deliveries too, OcUK Amazon eBay etc. Saves A LOT of hassle with missed courier deliveries!

Soldato
8% off vouchers for most high street and online retailers for any amount almost (a few £k at a time, could just buy multiples to get around this). £120 of my gym membership paid. Can have private medical cover, but didn't need it so took the money. Only work every other Friday (do longer hours on the other days).

Last edited:
Soldato
1200 finish on a Friday.
Cheap food.
Cheap accommodation.
Free health care.
Free dental.
Free clothes.
Banter, lots and lots of dirty slanderous uncontrolled banter without fear of being in any trouble for it like we would working for a civilian company.

Soldato
1200 finish on a Friday.
Cheap food.
Cheap accommodation.
Free health care.
Free dental.
Free clothes.
Banter, lots and lots of dirty slanderous uncontrolled banter without fear of being in any trouble for it like we would working for a civilian company.

No 'ladies of the night' included?

Soldato
masseuse visits ( when I worked in another part of the company - not now I just realized after reading this thread )
Massage chair
On site costa if you like that kind of thing
a stipend every month to spend on various benefits - I chose dental , travel insurance fro me and family and bought extra week off

My boss is also pretty flexible on the whole work thing. I'm not tied to my desk as long as the work gets done

Occasionally we fly to Leicester ( exciting I know ) and they pay flights , £25 meal allowance per day and hotel..

that's about it really

we used to get a credit on our energy accounts ( big six ) but new OFGEM rulings mean they can't give us that any more

and they double my pension contribution up to 5% so I put in 5 they put in 10. Oh and Sharesave and SIP's as well

Caporegime
Amazed by the amount of people who view free tea and coffee as a perk.

The costs add up. Where my wife works they pay around $10K a year for coffee, tea and milk. Works out at about $3-400 a person. Multiply that across a few departments and you could hire a new support staff member

Associate

I think it is, though obviously not a a large one.

My previous job we had the facilities to make it and all chipped in a fiver a month for tea/coffee/milk.

Job before that there were no facilities to make your own it was paying at a cafe or nothing.

My current job it is all provided, definitely a perk over the other two. I take my own coffee in though.

Dammit like 90 people bit me to it as I zoned out and read some other threads lol.

One

One

Soldato

You can thank the 90s for making companies ditch coffee machines in favour of the trendy water cooler. When companies put the coffee machines back they suddenly realised they could charge, thus having it for free is now a benefit.

Back
Top Bottom