Work Perks

Soldato
I just moved to a new employer on Friday. Top blue chip construction / civils company as a qs. Having last worked in a small company I expected big things from a large company instead i am made to sit in silence in front of a monitor from 8am to 5.30 with a 45min lunch break . Benefits probably include coffee and working close to home.

Soldato
2012 BMW 320d
My personal mobile phone bill paid for
My home internet and home phone bill paid for
£20 a day for food/drink if I leave my home-office for customer meetings etc
Many free PC hardware samples for me to use as I see fit
My company even pays for my tea/coffee/biscuits etc that I use at home during the working day (but tbh I've never claimed for them - but I could)

Man of Honour
Amazed by the amount of people who view free tea and coffee as a perk.

Used to have to pay 12p a cup (horrible stuff in a plastic cup that would burn your hands and half of it would spill by the time you'd carried them over to the desks) at my previously employer.

My company as a result of acquisitions has people on a range of contracts with different perks, some people who have been here over 10 years get ridiculous amounts of holiday (40+ days or something as if they stayed over 10 years they got +1 day holiday for every year), company flats to stay in while working at head office, home phone/bb paid for etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
- Flexitime and Work From Home
- PC (Dual screens) and Laptop
- Free Wifi
- Relaxed internet restrictions
- Casual dress every day
- Free teas and coffees (Fruit tea and a proper coffee machine)
- Various fruit/cakes/biscuits every week from meetings
- Number of celebratory events each year (free bar, slap up meal)
- Travel opportunities

Soldato
Hmm not loads tbh but some I can think of:

Free Tea/Coffee/Bread/Butter/Milk
As I need to work from home occasionally free BB or an allowance towards my own BB.
Don't get hard time for being a little late. (same for being a little late back from lunch).
I can have as many tea breaks as I want and no one complains.
I don't get killed for a bit of light internet browsing or wandering off to talk to someone, but I don't always get the time as relatively busy.

I always try and make sure I get the work done to the best of my ability so it's nice not to be under pressure. I think I motivate myself well enough to get on with things anyway!

Associate
Talking of coffee who has tried the new Costa chocolate and Orange Mocha Latte?
Always grab one when on the road. Thanks to my employers. Especially at £3.99 per drink.

Sounds awesome, in the old job we had a cafe that served starbucks and around this time of year I would be hammering the various xmas drinks!

Actually is that even a xmas one or just a new flavour?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

At my previous workplace we have perks like a masseuse coming in once a month, games room and free ADSL (probably free Fibre now). What perks have you got in your workplace?

I'm a stay at home dad, so my perks are whatever I decide they are.

Which mainly involves Planetside 2 and trips to the park :)

Man of Honour
We get the option to buy tea or coffee at 30p a mug...but we're only allowed to drink it during the main break period, when all the tea machines are switched off. So it's not really a perk. Unless you like cold tea or coffee.

Err...they don't charge us for the electricity for the microwave or TV in the staff room. Yet. Does any company still make coin-operated TVs?

Back
Top Bottom