Working for a funeral parlour....

Soldato
DailyGeek said:
I'm hoping that'll carry me really. It basically means I already have the people skills and I'm used to tough emotional situations.

I don't think the money is great for this kinda of job, but I'm after a career so its worth a shot.

Great for experience too, when it comes to writing your sitcom. You seriously would not believe the things that go on in those places ;)

Permabanned
There's quite a bit of stiff competition with funeral services, but when two major competitors bury the hatchet and work together, the results can be deadly for the small businesses.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
iCraig said:
There's quite a bit of stiff competition with funeral services, but when two major competitors bury the hatchet and work together, the results can be deadly for the small business.

Too.... Many.... Puns...*head explodes*

Soldato
OP
DailyGeek said:
Dear Mr. xxxxxxxxx

I am writing to you to apply for the position of funeral service arranger. I found this opportunity via the Jobcentre Plus website.

I have considered the funeral service in the past. Now I feel I have the relevant skills and personality traits required to put myself forward as the perfect candidate.

My experience of dealing with distressed people has grown over the past 18 months due to my ongoing work as a Samaritans volunteer. In this time I have supported many through their darkest moments. I feel this experience to be relevant when dealing with your bereaved clients. I take great pride in my ability to professionally, but humanly, support others. My customer service experience with my current employer has also assisted this development.

I am aware that the service you provide is the very last thing people can do for their loved ones. I respect how important it is that the funeral is comforting to your clients and of the highest quality.

I also have excellent IT skills with experience of many software packages including the Microsoft Office suite. This may be of use for the administration side of the position.

Please find enclosed a copy of my CV. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely

Sean Judge

This is going to be handwritten so don't worry about my crappy typesetting :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Edit: And there it is :D

you might consider a little alteration to this paragraph:

My experience of dealing with distressed people has grown over the past 18 months due to my ongoing work as a Samaritans volunteer. In this time I have supported many through their darkest moments and have offered advice and guidance. I feel this experience will be relevant when dealing with bereaved clients, and take great pride in my ability to remain professional while being able to support others and carry out necessary duties.

During my current employment, I have also developed my customer service skills, which I feel will be an asset(sp?) to my application.

Last edited:
Associate
It's very stop-start. Use more commas and dashes, it makes it read a lot better.

"perfect candidate" sounds a bit strange, maybe...ideal? Or suitable.

"through their darkest moments" Maybe change the wording of that, it doesn't sound right to me.

"I feel this experience to be relevant when dealing with your bereaved clients" - change to 'dealing with bereaved clients'. Not your, you're distancing yourself too much.

Change "professionally, but humanly, support others." to 'professionally - but humanly - support others.'

"I am aware that the service you provide is the very last thing people can do for their loved ones. I respect how important it is that the funeral is comforting to your clients and of the highest quality." - perhaps put 'and' in the middle instead of a full-stop? Then expand upon why you think that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom