Working for a funeral parlour....

Soldato
OP
kitten_caboodle said:
possibly:

I have always been interested in the caring professions, and feel that I now have the relevant skills and personality traits required to put myself forward as ....<whatever you like here>

That reads a little better I guess :) not sure about 'caring professions' though?

Soldato
OP
kitten_caboodle said:
Edit: And there it is :D

you might consider a little alteration to this paragraph:

My experience of dealing with distressed people has grown over the past 18 months due to my ongoing work as a Samaritans volunteer. In this time I have supported many through their darkest moments. I feel this experience will be relevant when dealing with bereaved clients, and take great pride in my ability to remain professional while being able to support others and carry out necessary duties.

During my current employment, I have also developed my customer service skills, which I feel will be an asset(sp?) to my application.

Just seen this.

I like that, except as a samaritan, I can't give advice so I can't really say that.

So just i'm just going to take that bit out ;)

Dear Mr. yakkayakka

I am writing to you to apply for the position of funeral service arranger. I found this opportunity via the Jobcentre Plus website.

I have considered the funeral service in the past, and feel that I now have the relevant skills and personality traits required to put myself forward as a suitable candidate.

My experience of dealing with distressed people has grown over the past 18 months due to my ongoing work as a Samaritans volunteer. In this time I have supported many through their darkest moments. I feel this experience will be relevant when dealing with bereaved clients, and I take great pride in my ability to remain professional while being able to support others and carry out necessary duties.

During my current employment, I have also developed my customer service skills, which I feel will be an asset to my application.

I am aware that the service you provide is the very last thing people can do for their loved ones. I respect how important it is that the funeral is comforting to your clients and of the highest quality.

I also have excellent IT skills with experience of many software packages including the Microsoft Office suite. This may be of use for the administration side of the position.

Please find enclosed a copy of my CV. I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:
Soldato
Great job for picking up chicks! (EDIT: outside of work, i'm sick for clarifying this)

You can feed them all that crap about appreciating life more because you work with the dead and tell them when they die, they will leave a really beautiful corpse - it's like complementing them but cleverer!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom