Working on a house today, is this asbestos?

Soldato
Looks much more like rockwell slab sealed over with fire sealent, look quite recent, if damaged it will need to be re-instated, what sort of property is this located in?

Associate
you dont know and I dont know and the only way to actually find out is to get it sampled. That being said, it doesn't look like asbestos.

Looks much more like rockwell slab sealed over with fire sealent, look quite recent, if damaged it will need to be re-instated, what sort of property is this located in?

I agree with Adam up to a point, need more information to be better informed of potential outcomes.

Caporegime
Best answer you'll get here is...maybe. The only way to tell for certain is to consult an asbestos register which is unlikely to exist for a house or to get a sample taken and tested by a professional.

Associate
you dont know and I dont know and the only way to actually find out is to get it sampled. That being said, it doesn't look like asbestos.

+1 - Nobody will ever tell you it isn't without testing it. But it also doesn't look like it. Suggest you avoid eating it to be safe.

If you can approximate the age of the building as being newer than 2000 then you can be fairly certain there will be none in the premises.
Anything older is somewhat of a gamble, and most of the time you probably won't even know if you do come across it (e.g. artex for example)

Associate
If you're not going to get it sampled then the best thing you can do is spray it with water so there are no airborne fibres whilst you're working in that area. Though seriously, if in doubt, get it sampled.

Back
Top Bottom