workplace infidelity and the strictly curse

Caporegime
I don't usually watch strictly (I don't watch love island either btw..) but I did happen to be watching it a couple of weeks ago, I guess it's the sort of family friendly TV program you can end up watching if round at parents house or going to a friends house for dinner/drinks and hanging around for a bit in the lounge etc.. when kids are about etc..

Anyway the show is essentially a dancing competition and involves "celebs" paired with professional dancers and people knocked out as a result of judges scoring and public votes. There is apparently a strictly "curse" whereby over several seasons of the show various celebs have ditched their real life partners in favour of other people on the show, namely the dance partner they've been paired with. Rachel Riley was a famous previous example of this "curse".

Now I was watching it a couple of weeks ago and was pleased to see the Cat from Red Dwarf was on, Stacey Dooley the documentary maker was pretty impressive, the comedian Seann Walsh was on too, now he was paired with a very attractive asian dancer Katya, someone mentioned that one of the backing dancers on the show, a ginger lad, was her husband, I commented that he'd done well! Anyway the next day I look at the newspapers and seemingly Seann Walsh had been caught kissing his dance partner... his girlfriend dumped him rather quickly and has been critical of his past behaviour on twitter (gas lighting is seemingly popular these days and it was basically implied he'd been doing that to her for a while)... meanwhile not much comment for the ginger husband who still works on the show in a lower status backing dancer role and has been literally cuckolded.

Now in the past few days another strictly couple have split, some soap star has dumped his dancer girlfriend who works on the show because she's apparently become too close to her "celeb" dance partner - some youtube I've not heard of: "Joe Sugg"

It is sad to say but I'm actually not too surprised by it all, over the years I've seen plenty of people who are either married or in serious relationships either have affairs with people in the workplace or briefly betray them on a night out or at an office Christmas party or while on a work trip abroad etc... it seems relatively common these days - the combination of hard work, long hours, stress, elevation at having achieved some milestone or simply celebrating another successful year and then of course some alcohol thrown into the mix and this stuff does happen.

Now with strictly they're under stress too and not just working together closely but in regular physical contact and of course going through highs/lows etc.. on the show.

Does anyone work in a workplace where you know of no one having an affair or having cheated on their partner? It seems to me that it inevitable happens that one or two people will do so.

Soldato
I believe the girl dancing with the comedian only married the guy so she could stay in the country.
And that he bats for the other side. (not that there's anything wrong with that of course)

In the US isn't it borderline illegal to date colleagues?

Caporegime
OP
Wait, Dianne is getting too close to ***** Joe Sugg?

Good lord.

Yup, apparently so, he does look a bit wet tbh... but seemingly no confirmation of any infidelity there so possibly just her boyfriend getting jealous. Apparently they originally tried to get him onto the show himself as her partner but ITV bosses didn't allow it.

I believe the girl dancing with the comedian only married the guy so she could stay in the country.
And that he bats for the other side. (not that there's anything wrong with that of course)

The other suggestion was that they're in an open relationship or something. But it seems quite plausible that it was just straight up cheating, she's a bit out of his league anyway tbh..

Caporegime
she's a bit out of his league anyway tbh..

Really? He is hardly the worst looking guy in the world and is a professional dancer who has won multiple championships with her.

Personally i think they are pretty well matched in the looks department :p

Soldato
The other suggestion was that they're in an open relationship or something. But it seems quite plausible that it was just straight up cheating, she's a bit out of his league anyway tbh..

All that tight clothing and closeness is bound to stir something. I'm surprised John Sergeant didn't have a heart attack when he was on the show.

Soldato
Infidelity is definitely getting worse thanks to social media. Even ugly girls get hit on 24/7 on Facebook from guys just looking for a quick hook up. Being in a long term relationship means nothing to most people nowadays.
Most bizarre case I seen was some woman who had just started in my work. Early 40’s been with her husband since they were teenagers had two teenage kids about 17 and 15. Husband had a great job done everything for her nice big house and new cars but she cheated on him and then left him for this guy in work who was early 20’s, known for sleeping with anything that moved and cheating on his own ex girlfriends all the time :eek: yet she somehow thought it was a good idea. They stayed together for a few months and he supposedly cheated on her in that time before dumping her lol. But she ended a 25yr relationship just for abit of fun. It’s sad really

Soldato
It's because there's no consequences for infidelity. Cheat on your partner, knock or get knocked up by someone else, steal all the assets they worked hard for in the relationship, and **** off.

Caporegime
OP
Infidelity is definitely getting worse thanks to social media. Even ugly girls get hit on 24/7 on Facebook from guys just looking for a quick hook up. Being in a long term relationship means nothing to most people nowadays.
[...]

That perhaps does act as a bit of a catalyst these days, I know that historically at my old firm the consultancy guys had quite a high divorce rate thanks to the amount of travel they had to undertake, then again I suspect plenty of them were unfaithful themselves. These days it doesn't need to be the cliched randy milkman but potentially anyone on social media who takes the interest of a partner feeling neglected:

xiRAGxd.jpg

Soldato
These days it doesn't need to be the cliched randy milkman but potentially anyone on social media who takes the interest of a partner feeling neglected:
xiRAGxd.jpg
Lol at that diagram but it is totally true. In today’s society with feminism and equal rights with women having careers i can’t believe most are still happy to take all there husbands hard earned money and home etc. It just seems so outdated that she gets to run off and start a fresh while reaping the rewards and leaving the husband with nothing. Kind of put me off ever getting married because of how many women I have worked with that talk about it like it’s funny if they decide to leave there husband and take everything

Soldato
You typed that and presumably believed it yourself? They were probably unhappy for years
Doesn’t every long term marriage go through ups and downs? Doesn’t mean she should run off with the first guy that’s half her age and known for hitting anything with a pulse. As others have stated though she comes out the winner either way because she gets everything

Soldato
Doesn’t every long term marriage go through ups and downs? Doesn’t mean she should run off with the first guy that’s half her age and known for hitting anything with a pulse. As others have stated though she comes out the winner either way because she gets everything

Reading this thread you wouldn't believe men are twice as likely to engage in an extramarital affair would you?

Associate
It is a vit touchy feely. Even when finished dancing and the interview you see them cuddling and hopding hands in the background. Think they do a lot of things together i would class as intimate actions

Back
Top Bottom