World Cup Betting

Soldato
Just noticed this on laddies:

Ladbrokes.com said:
If Henry score the first goal... We'll give you £100!

Open an account with Ladbrokes on the net, phone or in-shop, place a bet of £10 or more on the World Cup Final and if Henry scores the 1st goal in normal time (90 minutes) we'll put £100 in your Ladbrokes account to have 10 single £10 free bets of your choice. Free bets must be redeemed on the net or phone.

Sounds good to me, except i already have a laddies account :(
Full T+C's on www.ladbrokes.com if anyone's interested :)

Caporegime
Bes said:
Christ on a bike!! What did you bet on to win all that! :eek:

Thought I was doing well with my £15 profit and free footie shirt :o

Hehe its called backing and laying, back the favourite then lay against the un favoured team. Not a good thing to do should things go the other way but then if you have enough capital you can usually save yourself from making a big loss but that in itself is hard to do as the odds change so quickly as the game goes on.

Also betting big gives you big returns or big losses but its a risk...well betting is risky and pretty stressful. Ive supported teams that really i shouldnt have tbh:p...but its all good fun though but im not really that fussed if i lose it all or make a lot as its just spendning money on new toys. I only started out with £500 originally so im up £2.5k but im planning to put most of that on the final...still deciding who i should back though. Wont put all of it on, ill put everything bar the £500 i put in originally.

Soldato
Paddypower has got Portugal to win at 7/2. Pretty good considering Germany will be without Ballack, Mertesacker and some others.

Edit:
Placed £10 on Portugal winning/90mins
£10 on Portugal winning 2-0 (22/1)
£10 on Thuram scoring (66/1)

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'm probably up on my WC betting on actual the football,but down overall through the questionable practice of playing in poker tournaments whilst watching the football :)

Back
Top Bottom