Brazil vs Australia
Portugal vs Iran
France vs Republic of Korea
Spain vs Tunisia
Germany vs Ecuador
Brazil vs Japan
Spain vs Saudi Arabia
France vs Togo

Winners first, £2 pays £800, not bad I though, but obviously not going to happen.

thats roughly if not exactly like one i got only stuck a quid on mine tho

Soldato
was having a discussion about previous worldcups with someone, which reminded me of a goalkeeper than used to take freekicks for his national team. anyone know his name?

think it was a south american team :)

edit: got his name Jose Luis Chilavert :D

edit2: and the wrong thread!

Last edited:
Associate
Being a betting virgin I went to Ladbrokes this morning and put £10 on France winning against China in the friendly tonight thinking that I will get £20 back but actually it will be a pound or 2. I looked on another betting website and it said "possible payout - £11.20" and I assumed that was on top of the £10. The odds were 1/8. :o

Soldato
Alchemy said:
Being a betting virgin I went to Ladbrokes this morning and put £10 on France winning against China in the friendly tonight thinking that I will get £20 back but actually it will be a pound or 2. I looked on another betting website and it said "possible payout - £11.20" and I assumed that was on top of the £10. The odds were 1/8. :o

correct - at 1/8 with £10 on your would get back your £10 stake plus £1.25 winnings.

Associate
booyaka said:
correct - at 1/8 with £10 on your would get back your £10 stake plus £1.25 winnings.

Wow, I must have looked really silly doing that bet. Is it normal for anyone to do a bet with such a small amount with those sort of odds? :o

Caporegime
Alchemy said:
Wow, I must have looked really silly doing that bet. Is it normal for anyone to do a bet with such a small amount with those sort of odds? :o

No, people who play those odds generally put about £10,000k to make £180 or so.

Soldato
Gooner14 said:
Backed Rooney @ 28/1 as player of the tournament, he was @ 33/1 yesterday and hes now 14/1
Hes 10-1 to be top english goal scorer, I though that was worth a tenner. But I went for ronaldo top scorer and brazil to win at 20-1.

(only a pound mind)

Tru

Tru

Soldato
I just put a few clams on England to win the WC.
haw.gif

Please don't tell anyone.

Soldato
OP
Tonights friendlies

Australia 3 - 1 Liechtenstein R
M Sterjovski 20
J Kennedy 75
J Aloisi 83
L Neill o.g. 8

France 3 - 1 China PR R
D Trezeguet 30
Y Wang o.g. 89
T Henry 90
Z Zheng (pen) 69

Spain 2 - 1 Croatia R
MA Pernia 61
FJS Torres 90
IT Pablo o.g. 14

daz

daz

Soldato
Any special offers around at the moment?

I've never done internet betting before and fancy opening an account rather than going to the bookies where all the plebs hang out betting on virtual greyhound racing.

Soldato
OP
daz said:

I've never done internet betting before and fancy opening an account rather than going to the bookies where all the plebs hang out betting on virtual greyhound racing.

if you look around theres usually people offering free £20 bet when you forst sign up etc. im not sure who but someone on here will.

i just went for ladbrokes, no free money but its easy to use

Soldato
daz said:

Take a look over at Rpoints, and get cashback for opening accounts, but also check the beat the bookies forum you should see a thread will all the WC offers :)

Back
Top Bottom