World Cup Betting

Soldato
I had a few bob on ecuador winning 1-0 tonight, strangely enough i was the only person cheering like a loony when they scored :D
Kept me interesting for 80 mins anyway, they played very well, would've been nice at 10/1 tho :)

Soldato
Unlucky, you could have got 10/3 just for the Ecuador win tho. I had Poland as one of my teams on an accumulator so I wasn't happy when they lost, was a bit of a surprise for me

Soldato
wedgie22 said:
I had Poland as one of my teams on an accumulator so I wasn't happy when they lost, was a bit of a surprise for me

This is why I'd never have an accumulator on the World Cup. People were posting their bets, asking if anyone could see any potential upsets. They're forgetting, that the point of an upset is that it's unpredictable. Togo could beat France, or Ghana may dispose of Italy.

Soldato
accumulators, correct scores.top scorer etc IMHO are all bookies moneyspinners adn to eb ignored, forget them and either bet or lay a side, use betfair, by far better odds and way more flexible.....currently IMHO a draw must ensue in one of the games soon........(not hugely insightful but a point worth bearing in mind) and represents value as does betting on the outsiders when playing the favoured sides, remember this is the world cup........no teams are really bad and all got there on merit..........

update: (shamelessly from betfair)

1998 World Cup produced 7 1-1 scores in 48 games. 1-1 draws constitute the most common draw score line.

2002 WC produced 9 1-1 draws,2 0-0 draws, 2 2-2 draws,1 3-3 draw.
In the group stage there were 14 draws out of 48 matches. There were 14 separate days play and on 8 of those days there was at least one 1-1 draw.

Last edited:
Associate
All your money, your house, and your wife on Togo to go out at the group stage. You'll get about 1/5. You're just buying money, why not?

Soldato
turtle3 said:
Just done joe cole to score first and england win 3-0 at 60-1,, is joe cole playing today :confused: lol I dont know much about football im afraid...

yeah for sure. he plays on the left, that place is his. :)

Associate
Mr Singh said:
yeah for sure. he plays on the left, that place is his. :)

cool :cool: Dont follow football but supported west ham as a boy :) Love watching and betting on the big games though,, i remember in euro an england goal was dissallowed (cant remember the match) think england still won, I would have won quite a bit if that goal was allowed I was jumping round the room rubbing my hands,, didnt realise they had said no goal :(

Soldato
turtle3 said:
cool :cool: Dont follow football but supported west ham as a boy :) Love watching and betting on the big games though,, i remember in euro an england goal was dissallowed (cant remember the match) think england still won, I would have won quite a bit if that goal was allowed I was jumping round the room rubbing my hands,, didnt realise they had said no goal :(

heh **** happens mate. best of luck to you and all other betters today :)

Soldato
accumulators, correct scores.top scorer etc IMHO are all bookies moneyspinners adn to eb ignored

Can't agree with that. While it is obvious to say that a lot can go wrong, the whole point is that you don't need to lay as much down and yet you can win a whole lot more. I'd much rather turn £5 into £600-£1000 every 2 or 3 months than turn £20 into £50 every couple of weeks

daz

daz

Soldato
I had £1 on Wanchope to score first and Germany to win 3-1 at 150-1 yesterday. So it didn't come off, but it was still fun. :p

I might do Sweden 3-0 and Ljundberg to score first today. :)

Soldato
wedgie22 said:
Can't agree with that. While it is obvious to say that a lot can go wrong, the whole point is that you don't need to lay as much down and yet you can win a whole lot more. I'd much rather turn £5 into £600-£1000 every 2 or 3 months than turn £20 into £50 every couple of weeks

The point is those bets are waaaaaaaaaaay more unlikely to come off and dont, thats why the odds are larger. Its fact, people who bet seriously to make money dont put on hugely specualtive gambles, simply because its too difficult.Anyone here had a treble or upwards coem off recently?

daz

daz

Soldato
newbiejim said:
The point is those bets are waaaaaaaaaaay more unlikely to come off and dont, thats why the odds are larger. Its fact, people who bet seriously to make money dont put on hugely specualtive gambles, simply because its too difficult.Anyone here had a treble or upwards coem off recently?

Euro 2004, my mate had a tenner on Lampard to score first, and England to win 2-1, and also Lampard to score first and France 2-1.... He won £700 or so. He cheered when the penalty went in. :o

It's speculative, but putting a few pounds (I only do the doubles for one or two pounds) livens up games that you otherwise wouldn't have an interest in... and for what - the price of a beer. :p

Back
Top Bottom