World Cup Group B (England, Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago, Sweden) **SPOILERS**

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Mr Singh said:
apparently most of the squad play in the swedish league which only started in april. so im assuming most of them will not be match fit, bar larrson,zlatan, mellberg, ljunberg etc

That's never held them back in the past, they're regular quarter finalists.

Permabanned
Tru said:
3 people tipping Sweden not to qualify? Are you serious? 4 years ago they we're grouped with England, Argentina and Nigeria and won. They will win the group, no doubt about that.

top of the group yes, but they were equal on points with england on 5 points - it's not like they stormed the group. They were second best to Croatia in qualifying and lost twice to them. Ljunberg, Mellberg and Larsson are 4 years older and not as good as they used to be, Ibrahimovic is better but he's too inconsistent and has got a big temper.

Permabanned
Tru said:
That's never held them back in the past, they're regular quarter finalists.

I wouldn't say regular, especially looking from the 1960's - only once since then.

1930 - Did not enter
1934 - Quarterfinals
1938 - Fourth place
1950 - Third place
1954 - Did not qualify
1958 - Runners-up
1962 - Did not qualify
1966 - Did not qualify
1970 - Round 1
1974 - Round 2
1978 - Round 1
1982 - Did not qualify
1986 - Did not qualify
1990 - Round 1
1994 - Third place
1998 - Did not qualify
2002 - Round 2

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Mr Singh said:
that is true :) - i just feel they won't do it this time. lets wait and see :)

Yeah I think they've got a very good team this year, it will be the last chance for some of their big players and Ibrahimovic with Larsson will always get you goals.

Don
bungler said:
This is my prediction of the group:
Code:
Team  	 Pld  	W  	D  	L  	F  	C  	GD  	Points
England   3 	2 	1 	0 	6 	1 	5 	7
Sweden 	  3 	2 	1 	0 	5 	2 	3 	7
Paraguay  3 	1 	0 	2 	3 	5 	-2 	3
T&T 	  3 	0 	0 	3 	1 	7 	-6 	0

I don't think you will be far wrong

Soldato
Alchemy said:
So what's the deal? Is Paraguay a good team? Last I heard Santa Cruz wasn't 100% fit.

We saw Ecuador be quite good last night, not sure how Paraguay rate as regards them but hey they have qualified for the World Cup and they are South American....they will def be able to play a bit, it worries me that if England's midfield dont 'play' it could get tough though Englands power game and determination should see them through.

Soldato
Can Crouch cut it??, IMHO the jury is still out, this WC could make or break him.........but glaringly obvious is he doesnt LOOK the part.............adn that robot thang is poor.........he is def seriously uncool, whether or not that is pertinet though lol........ :)

Soldato
TiZoR said:
i predict, england will get turned over today
Controversial!

tbh I cant see them losing today but England are notoriously slow starters in the big tournaments (I think France 98 is the only time they've won in the first game in the last 20 years!) so maybe a draw wouldnt be a bad bet.

If we're gonna have any chance of going all the way here we shouldnt get less than 7 points out of this group.

I'll predict 2-1 England Lampard & RoboCrouch :D

Back
Top Bottom