World Cup Group B (England, Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago, Sweden) **SPOILERS**

Soldato
RoB- said:
It would be really difficult for someone to purposely try and damage someone's foot. Unless they stood next to them and stamped on them as hard as they could. But that would be an instant red card. He's just trying to put the frighteners on Rooney.
If the ref see's it then yes.

Defenders stand on attackers feet at corners and freekicks to stop them jumping, if his foot isn't 100% then even that could do it. Anyway, I don't see what the fuss is about. Any other defender playing him would do the same, it's just that De La Cruz has said he is going to do it that has got everyone worked up.

Soldato
Standing on someones foot doesn't hurt much, may get a small bruise. like I said it would have to be a stamp and not something that would be missed by a ref. He won't do it, like i said it's just talk and should be taken with a pinch a of salt.

Soldato
BoomAM said:
Its against players like that that England could do with a 'hard-nut' to sort the other player out!.
lol. :p
kwr1334337_2.jpg

tbh

Associate
daz said:
Marcus Allback was Beckham's man. He let him go and Allback was able to score a glancing header for Sweden's first. That said, Beckham should not have been given the task of marking any of their strikers in my opinion.

Allback was Crouch's man. Beckham was stood at the front post not marking anyone (his job.) Allback moved around Beckham to win the ball, but Crouch didn't follow him, which he did again when Sweden hit the bar soon after. That was why Beckham could be seen having a right go at him.

Soldato
Here's a possibility:

Wenger says to Sven - Take Walcott he's good.

Walcott goes to WC, then AFC chairman reminds Wenger theres a £2.5mil payment due to Southampton with Walcott's first major competition appearence.

Wenger calls Sven and says "do us a favour and dont play him please".

So, Walcott doesn't play in the World Cup.

?

Soldato
Gooner14 said:
:rolleyes:

Is everything a conspiracy to Spurs fans. I suppose David Dein held a gun to Sven's head and forced him to take Walcott...

Actually I had my England hat on with the above! I wouldnt be surprised if it had something to do with a payout due to Southampton with his first competition appereance (Arsenal wouldnt have been silly enough to go with first international app due to Svens crazy friendly policy).

And I very much doubt there would be a gun involved when a proven "youngster spotter" manager like Wenger tells Sven this kid could do a job for England.

Back
Top Bottom