1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Cup Logo?

Discussion in 'HTML, Graphics & Programming' started by JamesU2005, 4 Jun 2006.

1. JamesU2005

Mobster

Does anyone know the Copyright restrictions on the World Cup Logo?

I need to add something on a website advertising the showing of the games at a local clubhouse.

Anyone got an ideas?

2. Al Vallario

Mobster

The logo is copyrighted, but surely using it in the way you would like to constitutes fair use? FIFA (Who own the copyright) have this to say on their website:

I'd say you're fine. As long as you don't start selling unofficial merchandise with the branding I doubt you'll arouse any suspicion. There must be millions of websites out there at the moment using the logo :)

3. JamesU2005

Mobster

Well I think we need a lawyer to understand that paragraph from Fifa.

I'm sure you’re right, I can't see them being against promoting people watching the World Cup!

4. iCraig

PermaBanned

Depends on how the logo is used. If it's modified or stuck on a negative article about the World Cup, you can run into problems.

But if it's a positive aspect like you say, I very much doubt you'll have any issues. Perhaps put a small line of text somewhere crediting FIFA?

5. ballistic

PermaBanned

use it if you think there's no problem, FIFA will email you in no time to tell you to stop using it if they think you are ******* on their parade.